Author Topic: Dresden RPG & other books on Humble Bundle  (Read 2322 times)

Offline KevinSig

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 09:20:26 PM by KevinSig »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden RPG & other books on Humble Bundle
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 11:05:23 PM »
Song of Ice and Fire is in there too. Might be worth it for me even though I already have all the Evil Hat books...

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 02:55:16 AM »
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/fiction-faves-rpg-book-bundle?mcID=102:581903e4486e542f083cda81:ot:56e86802733462ca89a47f3e:1&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2016_11_08_Unreal_Bundle&linkID=582221bf4190d42f558b456a&utm_content=cta_button1
... & something called The Laundry ...

In case it's actually news to anyone:

Based on the Charles Stross horror/spy + bureaucratic/tech satire series.  Brilliant stories, if you don't know them!  1st volume The Atrocity Archive or The Atrocity Archives (note plural in 2nd), the difference being the pluralized title includes a 2nd story, The Concrete Jungle (available as a separate title, if you've bought the original volume with the singular title), followed by The Jennifer Morgue. And a bunch more after that...

Game mechanics use "BRP/D100" aka "Basic RolePlaying" which is Chaosium's house engine, driving Runequest & Call of Cthulhu (and more distantly, Pendragon), and in other variants & itarations many other games.

http://shop.cubicle7store.com/epages/es113347.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es113347_shop/Products/CB71200
(or the BoH of course)

Offline Xenon

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 07:26:54 PM »
just got this last night myself. interesting books, although i was not previously overly familiar with the fate system, i had at least heard of it.

i already have a hardcopy of the laundry, but the extra books for it plus the pdf are nice

i had previously only seen the dresden TV series, but just stopped by the library to pick up a copy of the 1st book to read.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 07:45:20 PM »
Welcome to the fandom, Xenon!

I hope you stick around.

PS: Bought the bundle myself. Haven't read any of it yet though.

Offline Xenon

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 09:42:49 PM »
so, upon returning book one, i learned the library will let me read books online, yay. reading book 2 on my PC now, in browser. very nice thing that.

Offline SerGalahad

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 08:58:12 PM »
Xenon, speaking as a librarian, I'm glad to hear that you're taking advantage of the wonderful services that libraries have to offer! I don't know where you're located, but many public libraries in the US also support an audio book app that you can download and then you can and check out and download books as well. Although I've never listened to them, I hear that the Dresden Files audio books are really good. James Marsters (Spike from Buffy & Angel tv series) does the voice narration.
"Dewey you fool, your decimal system has played right into my hands!"
- Giant Brain in Futurama