Author Topic: God Checker  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
God Checker
« on: October 24, 2016, 10:51:20 PM »
I found this awesome website with a huge database of gods and pantheons.  More accurately, I friend found it and sent me the link.

Enjoy:

http://www.godchecker.com/

I haven't had piles of time to peruse but, I wonder, if something like this could be added to the Resource board?  Assuming it's as good a resource as it looks.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: God Checker
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 05:40:32 AM »
Pretty cool.

I dunno about a Resources thread for one not-directly-DFRPG link, though. Seems inefficient. Would be better to have a link repository. Of course, for that we'd need more sites.

Anyway, I added this to the useful links page on the wiki.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 11:56:59 AM »
Nice!
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 12:33:43 PM »
I looked through a few gods that I didn't know.  Some are done better than others.  The ones that I did know well (specifically the Celtic pantheon)lack a lot of detail.  The descriptions are a bit tongue and cheek, which is fine unless you are looking for some serious research.  I think this website is great for an overview and to give ideas.  It lets you find something and gives you a starting point for research.

Each god has a review box at the bottom: God, pantheon, what their portfolio is and other names or identities they might be associated with which is good.

There are different ways to search which is great for finding the information you need.