Author Topic: question about winter and summer  (Read 1978 times)

Offline potestas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
question about winter and summer
« on: June 11, 2016, 01:57:10 AM »
the queens can only kill mortals attached to there court in some way(or the other court i presume) but what about the other fey. Eldest gruff seems to have stomped some wizards in his time. is the prohibition only to the queens or any fey

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: question about winter and summer
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 02:08:47 AM »
It's definitely not any Fey.  Trolls eat children who wander over bridges.

The Queen can't but I'm not sure about the Lower Ranked fae like the Winter Lady etc...

Although, the Erlking goes around killing people on Halloween so ... 

Offline potestas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 02:17:46 AM »
good point ty

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 04:03:55 AM »
I think most fey have rules of some sort, though. A troll that can eat a runaway crossing their bridge might not be allowed to eat a kid they snatched from a playground.

Offline g33k

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 02:32:43 PM »
I think most fey have rules of some sort, though. A troll that can eat a runaway crossing their bridge might not be allowed to eat a kid they snatched from a playground.
THIS.
So very, very much this!
But (per Restoration of Faith) the Troll gets to eat bad children; so if he snatches a child who's being naughty-enough, presumably he CAN eat the kid.
It's all about the rules...

Offline Mongward

• Conversationalist
  • Dwarf of the Or-Tench Citadel
    • View Profile
    • Polish FB fanpage of Dresden Files
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 05:17:23 PM »
I suppose the more powerful a Nevernever being, the more specific their allowed influence. Erlking may kill only during the Hunt, which happens very rarely. Trolls get to do it anytime, but are limited to bridges and naughty children. I suppose if Toot Toot and his kin were strong or pizza-vated enough, they could kill a mortal anytime. Mab's domain lies fully elsewhere, so's Titania's, therefore they only get to do so much when they appear in physical realm and usually need cat's paws to do their dirty work. Of course everything has exceptions, but that's just how Nevernever beings are, nothing's constant and homogenous.
Self-appointed Warden of my hometown. Poland is vastly understaffed, is what I'm saying.

The dice are on fire, and it's totally my fault.