Author Topic: Question on Human Form.  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Arcane_Pozhar

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Question on Human Form.
« on: May 13, 2016, 12:24:45 PM »
So, I'm curious why Human Form is worth +1 refresh.  I'm about to make a White Court Virgin, with plans for him to turn, eventually, so I don't need an immediate answer.  To clarify why I am confused, I don't remember seeing anything about it taking time to transform, or any sort of roll or anything, so other than in a narrative sense, I don't see how it restricts the powers.

Thanks in advance for the help, everyone!

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: Question on Human Form.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 01:54:27 PM »
do white court vamps get human form?  I thought they only got feeding dependency.  So no action to access your powers.  It just happens - but you have to resist the Hunger when you do.

But to answer your question, Human form is the catch-all 'inconvenient' draw-back power.

You can't always have your power available to you and it takes a supplemental to change forms.  Technically, there should be some kind of draw back other than the supplemental.  Otherwise, you'd take the power, then always be in the most optimal form.  Therefore, the form with the powers should have some kind of visual cue/draw-back.  Or perhaps it changes your personality, making you more aggressive or maybe you actually change form.

Offline Arcane_Pozhar

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 02:21:39 PM »
You're right, they have Human Guise, which is different (and feeding dependency, like you said).  I was really tired when reading over this stuff last night, and I guess the wrong info stuck in my brain.  Thanks for setting me straight.  Thanks for pointing out that it is a supplemental action, I just went back and looked under the header for Shapeshifting and sure enough, there it is.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 08:56:27 PM »
do white court vamps get human form?  I thought they only got feeding dependency.  So no action to access your powers.  It just happens - but you have to resist the Hunger when you do.

But to answer your question, Human form is the catch-all 'inconvenient' draw-back power.

You can't always have your power available to you and it takes a supplemental to change forms.  Technically, there should be some kind of draw back other than the supplemental.  Otherwise, you'd take the power, then always be in the most optimal form.  Therefore, the form with the powers should have some kind of visual cue/draw-back.  Or perhaps it changes your personality, making you more aggressive or maybe you actually change form.
Yeah, typically the 'changed' form is something that's obviously inhuman -- for White Court, when they use their powers, they go all silvery, their eyes change color and they get deathly cold. For werecreatures, well, they can't always be a bear or a wolf (makes it hard to open doors, for instance).
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline RonLugge

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 12:16:39 AM »
For werecreatures, well, they can't always be a bear or a wolf (makes it hard to open doors, for instance).

Somehow, I don't see a bear having much of a problem opening a door.  Closing it again afterward, maybe, but opening it?

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 02:44:12 AM »
Somehow, I don't see a bear having much of a problem opening a door.  Closing it again afterward, maybe, but opening it?
Actually, yeah. I play a werebear, and between the Inhuman Strength and his Might rating, most doors may as well not exist.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast