Author Topic: Fate More Kickstarter  (Read 4799 times)

Offline wyvern

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Fate More Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 11:09:06 PM »
The Venture City PDF is neat, but I also found it a bit disappointing; it focuses very heavily on "Here's a mechanical framework for dealing with superpowers in FATE", and very little on "Here's the necessary tropes and stylistic stuff you need to run a superhero game and make it actually feel superheroic."

If the mechanics are what you need, great!  But I was hoping for something with a bit more advice on the running the game side of things.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
Re: Fate More Kickstarter
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 11:11:49 PM »
The Venture City PDF is neat, but I also found it a bit disappointing; it focuses very heavily on "Here's a mechanical framework for dealing with superpowers in FATE", and very little on "Here's the necessary tropes and stylistic stuff you need to run a superhero game and make it actually feel superheroic."

If the mechanics are what you need, great!  But I was hoping for something with a bit more advice on the running the game side of things.

As I mentioned earlier, it would work great for a Worm setting.  And if you haven't read Worm...then dooooooo iiiiiiiiit!!!!

But yeah, the book is lots of crunch.