Author Topic: Ferat the Vampire Car - Spirit of Bloodlust  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Jabberwocky

• Conversationalist
  • Radical Reactionary Habsburg Loyalist
    • View Profile
Ferat the Vampire Car - Spirit of Bloodlust
« on: November 22, 2015, 10:13:17 PM »
Guys, I've been trying to design a spiritual entity possessing cars, based on the Czechoslovak 1982 film Ferat Vampire. The concept ist on Toonstore but, to be frank, I'm not satisfied with it. How would you design such an entity? I'm considering to give it at least some Toughness power when in the transient spirit form but what could be, for instance, the Catch? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Ferat (the true name of the entity is unknown) is a spirit of bloodlust, not dissimilar to what the Red Court vampires bond to their souls and bodies. The chief difference is: 1) Ferat doesn't seem to have any interest in propagating or any other agenda than feeding and eventually killing, and 2) Ferat is only able to bond with a car. Once bonded, it either sucks the blood of the driver or urges the driver to crash the car, wrecking it and creating as much carnage as possible. Only then is the spirit able to possess another car. This is also the only time when Ferat can be fought directly.
A Hundred Towers? – Our Prague campaign.
Dramatis personae – Cast of characters, both PCs and NPCs.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Ferat the Vampire Car - Spirit of Bloodlust
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 01:45:34 AM »
You could hack something together with Incite Effect (for drinking blood and controlling the driver), Spirit Form (for being a spirit), and Inhabit (for possessing cars).

Being a car is probably worth Hulking Size, Inhuman or Supernatural Strength and Toughness, Supernatural Speed with a Limitation making it only apply to straightforward sprints over flat ground, and maybe Claws or Magical Compartment. Since Ferat can only possess cars, and will always have the same Powers, buying those Powers directly with a Limitation is probably better than using Improved Inhabitation.

Offline Jabberwocky

• Conversationalist
  • Radical Reactionary Habsburg Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: Ferat the Vampire Car - Spirit of Bloodlust
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 06:33:53 PM »
Thank you, Sanctaphrax. I'll give it a look. I'm not acquainted with these additional web materials so some directing is always appreciated.
A Hundred Towers? – Our Prague campaign.
Dramatis personae – Cast of characters, both PCs and NPCs.