Author Topic: Angel-izing a Vampire  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Druidstorm890

• Participant
    • View Profile
Angel-izing a Vampire
« on: November 12, 2015, 09:02:10 PM »
So this has been bopping around in my head for awhile. How would you do something like what turned Angelus into Angel? Would it be actually restoring his soul? Cursing him with a consciousness?

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
Re: Angel-izing a Vampire
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 09:17:12 PM »
It seems that Buffyverse vampires are more like Red court than Black court in a way. White court is right out. Yes, they get made like the blacks, but otherwise they have much more in common with the reds.

Though in any case, it seems like their soul gets replaced with something else. Something that gives them their powers, but also something that is entirely inhuman. I could see turning a red or black into something like what we see in Thomas, a human soul fighting against the demon. So while you can't kick the demon out and replace it with a soul, you might be able to restore some sort of balance, having a human will bind the monster inside, enough to keep it in check.

Then again, this is the Dresdenverse. Virtually anything is possible. You could even stuff someone else's soul in there for good measure. Or maybe make a pact with a Sidhe to shut off the demonic half like Leah did. Or even a pact with a demon, a god, anything really. Maybe some sort of angelic co pilot who keeps the demon in check, so you can take control of the body and its new powers. Tons of possibilities.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Shaft

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 10:25:11 PM »
If you want to make a Buffy-verse style vampire, this page is a good resource. http://dfrpg-resources.wikispaces.com/Hellmouth+Vampire

If you want to make a Red, White, Green or Black Court vampire with a soul, I'd rule that you'd need to have enough Refresh to have at least 1 left over to represent your free will.  This is easiest to do with White Court, but only possible with Red and Black Court in higher powered games.

I suspect that Thomas may have enough Refresh to still have a soul, since he
(click to show/hide)
, but this would be speculation.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 12:50:07 AM »
1 refresh and an appropriate aspect.   

That template posted is a good one.  You could just reskin a red court infected and be done.  You'd have to replace narcotic saliva with something else.