Author Topic: Pssst... Now Accepting Playtest Applications  (Read 25371 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Pssst... Now Accepting Playtest Applications
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2007, 05:12:00 AM »
If you need someone to sort out spam from an application I will do it, I don't have nothin else to do till Captain's Fury anyway  :D

Nah, that part's not that hard, it's just the volume. 

Pretty easy to identify a spam when someone gives a single word name and fills every field in the form with 'rgerger' over and over again.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline harleshade

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2007, 04:00:35 AM »
I was just beginin to worry about the lack of info comin' in on how things were comin' along with the game. But it good to know there's still progress even if it is slow coming. ;D

Offline Elf_NFB

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2007, 01:21:45 PM »
We've gotten hundreds of applicants, which is a bit more than we were originally expecting.  Even if we don't end up using everyone (and it's unlikely we would), we're hoping to come up with something to "thank" all of the folks who took the time to fill out the apps, somewhere down the road...

Fame has its down side. :)

Offline MonaLS

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2007, 06:44:39 AM »
Wish my friends still lived in town, it would be great to have a local group to play test with. Sigh. They've all moved out of state. (Traitors. ;) )
“There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast” Anonymous

Offline DrygonDM

• Posty McPostington
  • Random Encounter #13
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon's Den
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2007, 11:53:10 PM »
Lizard King. Very awesome drawing!
I wonder, are you planing on doing the scene where Harry nukes Bianca's house? “Pyrofuego!”

I wish I had even a fraction of that kind of talent...but nope.
I can create Character Ideas, and descriptions of people and places, and can thread a decent Game Story, though. I have a lot of awesome characters that I will most likely never actually see.

Right now, I don't have a Gaming Group, and I need to find a Just Over Broke.
And anyone in the KC, Mo Area is wanting to adopt an Old (but not Ancient) Gamer/DM...
Please email me (See my Profile here) and let me know.
Respect must be earned.

If, in the Land of the Blind, the One Eyed Man is King - imagine the power of anyone that can clearly see !!!

Offline Lizard King

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2007, 05:26:21 PM »
Lizard King. Very awesome drawing!
I wonder, are you planing on doing the scene where Harry nukes Bianca's house? “Pyrofuego!”

I wish I had even a fraction of that kind of talent...but nope.
I can create Character Ideas, and descriptions of people and places, and can thread a decent Game Story, though. I have a lot of awesome characters that I will most likely never actually see.

Thanks for the kind words!  I do have a lot of other ideas that I'd like to draw.  (I wish they still needed illustrators for the RPG)  One I'd like to draw is the showdown between Morgan and Harry where Morgan is attacking him with the earth magic.  In the meantime, I'm keeping busy doing some illos for Hero Game Digital, which, though it's small time, is still getting to do RPG illustrations!

Offline finarvyn

• Conversationalist
  • White Knight of Chicago
    • View Profile
    • OD&D Discussion
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2007, 06:25:35 PM »
Nah, that part's not that hard, it's just the volume. 

Pretty easy to identify a spam when someone gives a single word name and fills every field in the form with 'rgerger' over and over again.
Hope it's not me you're talking about. My last name is Rgerger and I live on Rgerger Street. I don't want my application to be rejected becasue of that!  :P
Marv / Finarvyn
Greater Warden of Chicago
Dresden Files RPG Playtester
I support Colonial Gothic and Thousand Suns
OD&D Player since 1975

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2007, 06:40:39 PM »
Hope it's not me you're talking about. My last name is Rgerger and I live on Rgerger Street. I don't want my application to be rejected becasue of that!  :P

You so funny!
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline finarvyn

• Conversationalist
  • White Knight of Chicago
    • View Profile
    • OD&D Discussion
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2007, 04:03:15 PM »
You so funny!
Yeah, but does it bump me to the top of the playtest list? Yeah, that's what I thought.  :P

My "Fellowship of Foragers" ... er, "Rgerger's Raiders" ... game group keeps bugging me about this...  ;D
Marv / Finarvyn
Greater Warden of Chicago
Dresden Files RPG Playtester
I support Colonial Gothic and Thousand Suns
OD&D Player since 1975

Offline DrygonDM

• Posty McPostington
  • Random Encounter #13
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon's Den
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2007, 05:33:29 PM »
Thanks for the kind words!  I do have a lot of other ideas that I'd like to draw.  (I wish they still needed illustrators for the RPG)  One I'd like to draw is the showdown between Morgan and Harry where Morgan is attacking him with the earth magic.  In the meantime, I'm keeping busy doing some illos for Hero Game Digital, which, though it's small time, is still getting to do RPG illustrations!

Well, if you want to get your work out there, I know a few places that you can post your work.
Most of these sites are "Free RPG Posting Sites" and so they can't pay you, but it can get you more PR - where people want to contact you and get some for themselves. Wall Posters and Computer Backgrounds are very popular.
Just remember to put your Name in the picture, where it can't be easily edited out.

I dislike trying to ask for Artists, since I usually get rather rude responses.
If your interested (or know anyone that would be) Contact me for more information.
Respect must be earned.

If, in the Land of the Blind, the One Eyed Man is King - imagine the power of anyone that can clearly see !!!

Offline Lizard King

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2007, 11:14:28 PM »
Well, if you want to get your work out there, I know a few places that you can post your work.
Most of these sites are "Free RPG Posting Sites" and so they can't pay you, but it can get you more PR - where people want to contact you and get some for themselves. Wall Posters and Computer Backgrounds are very popular.
Just remember to put your Name in the picture, where it can't be easily edited out.

I dislike trying to ask for Artists, since I usually get rather rude responses.
If your interested (or know anyone that would be) Contact me for more information.

I appreciate the info.  I'm at the point right now where I am getting paid work from RPG companies and Indy creators, which is very cool.  I just want more of it!
But thanks!