Author Topic: Possible editing error with the forum  (Read 7733 times)

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Possible editing error with the forum
« on: September 25, 2007, 06:19:55 AM »
I could be wrong about this, because I haven't been able to duplicate the bug-- mostly because I have no means of doing so-- but I think there may be an error with posting and editing at the same time in the same thread. As in, someone posts a message, then begins to edit the message, then someone else starts a reply, finishes the reply, and then the first person finishes editing.

I say this because just now, Sameth posted, then I replied, and a couple of minutes later, my reply was gone but Sameth's original post had been edited to add a lot of stuff after the original text. So, the above is what I'm guessing happened.

If I'm wrong and it was something else, I apologize. Maybe I just misremembered and never actually clicked "Post" at all. I don't think so, but it could be.

Thanks for the boards and the forum in general, btw... I love discussing the various mysteries of TDF books with people here. :)
DV AcornArmy YR5FR5 BK+++ RP+ TH+(++) WG+++ CL++ SH[Mab+ Lara++ Molly+++]

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: Possible editing error with the forum
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 05:40:29 PM »
This may be my fault.  Yesterday, I saw someone had accidentally posted the same message twice, so I deleted the second.  I think it was you.  Maybe you were editing the post as I deleted it?  But I made sure the first post was still there, unaffected... 

Oh, I don't know.  My apologies if this is the case.