Poll

Who attacked Arctis Tor?  What was their motivation?  

The Circle
11 (21.2%)
The Outsiders/Nemesis (formerly known as the Black Council)
31 (59.6%)
The Red Court
0 (0%)
The Fomor
2 (3.8%)
A faction attacking while Maeve was in charge, so that she could sabotage the defenses
8 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Who Attacked Arctis Tor, and Why  (Read 71050 times)

Offline deborahmac

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Who Attacked Arctis Tor, and Why
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2015, 03:43:54 AM »
NOW you've done it!  Google, here I come...

2,869 miles by car from NYC to San Ysidro, CA (which is on the US/Mexican border).  Haven't found anyplace further in contiguous US.  But Circle, MN is the furthest place from a Starbuck's in the contiguous US.  Huh.  Montana can't be all bad, then...

Wow...you get a B + !  :D
I have found it is the every day deeds of ordinary folk that truly keeps the darkness at bay. <GTG>

We women have found you don't need to fight with a sword to die upon one! <Eowyn>

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2015, 03:47:11 AM »
Wow...you get a B + !  :D

How about if I ditch class for the rest of the day?
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline deborahmac

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2015, 03:50:26 AM »
In that case you get an a A ... if you get the rest of the kids to go with you you'll get an A+ !!!   ;D
I have found it is the every day deeds of ordinary folk that truly keeps the darkness at bay. <GTG>

We women have found you don't need to fight with a sword to die upon one! <Eowyn>

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2015, 03:53:12 AM »
In that case you get an a A ... if you get the rest of the kids to go with you you'll get an A+ !!!   ;D

That's what I thought.  Now if I got 'em to leave coffee and donuts on your desk instead of the proverbial apple, could I just skip ahead to graduation and be done with it?
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline deborahmac

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2015, 08:58:15 AM »
Coffee's a go....if it is really good coffee then take week off !!!!  :) :D  ;)

Offline namkcas

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2015, 09:26:20 PM »
I know you all ignored my answers two pages ago, but I thought I should point out that this entire topic was discussed in Small Favor by Mab and Harry.  I suggest listening to it.

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »
I know you all ignored my answers two pages ago, but I thought I should point out that this entire topic was discussed in Small Favor by Mab and Harry.  I suggest listening to it.

To be fair this topic hasn't really been discussed since page six, few different tangents have spewed off since then  ::)
"Home is where, when you go there and tell people to get out, they have to leave." DDS

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2015, 10:12:07 PM »
Yes, we came for the Arctis Tor debate, and stayed for the geographical debate.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2015, 02:58:15 AM »
What if Mavra took up one of the Coins?  She's a pretty powerful sorcerous, and Black court vamp.  Wouldn't that make her pretty powerful?  Maybe she was one of the people bringing down a ton of Hell fire?
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline brighellac

• Conversationalist
  • Butters' next great quest
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2015, 03:50:22 AM »
What if Mavra took up one of the Coins?  She's a pretty powerful sorcerous, and Black court vamp.  Wouldn't that make her pretty powerful?  Maybe she was one of the people bringing down a ton of Hell fire?

Not mortal.  She may not be eligible.

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2015, 03:52:05 AM »
Not mortal.  She may not be eligible.

We've been batting around the idea of eligibility on another thread...do you need a soul or is it just preferred because the Fallen love twisting souls away from God, things of that nature.
"Home is where, when you go there and tell people to get out, they have to leave." DDS

Offline brighellac

• Conversationalist
  • Butters' next great quest
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2015, 03:59:04 AM »
We've been batting around the idea of eligibility on another thread...do you need a soul or is it just preferred because the Fallen love twisting souls away from God, things of that nature.

So far every person who's gotten a coin has been mortal with free will.

How that meshes with nic's offer to grey, I don't know.  My speculation is that grey is a naagloshi scion, not full on naagloshi or other shapeshifting immortal without free will.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2015, 04:12:28 AM »

How that meshes with nic's offer to grey, I don't know.  My speculation is that grey is a naagloshi scion, not full on naagloshi or other shapeshifting immortal without free will.

Predicated on a couple of assumptions: (1) Humans are the only beings with souls.  I disagree.  Jinni, at least, have souls too.  Maybe other sentient being as well.  (2) Grey is half-Naagloshii.  (3) That Grey is half human.  (4) That Nick knew what Grey was, and that he had a soul on which one of the Fallen could ride.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2015, 04:13:26 AM »

But technically isn't Mavra a demon with free will?  Maybe after Dresden threatened her she was willing to make them an offer.  A merger.  "I help you with your goals, you help me with mine, then we go our separate ways." or something like that.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2015, 04:15:36 AM »
But technically isn't Mavra a demon with free will?  Maybe after Dresden threatened her she was willing to make them an offer.  A merger.  "I help you with your goals, you help me with mine, then we go our separate ways." or something like that.

I don't think the Denarians have anything she wants. Mavra is all about Mavra, and with the Darkhallow ritual at her fingertips i'm sure she has much bigger plans. A Fallen would just get in her way.