Author Topic: Recovery of larger consequences?  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Recovery of larger consequences?
« on: January 03, 2015, 09:00:02 PM »
What would you price the ability to clear out a Moderate consequence as a supplemental action, like Recovery powers clear 1/2/3 Milds? Could Mythic even be "three times clear a Mild or once clear a Moderate"?

I'm thinking the style of Goodman Grey's healing from Skin Game. (I figure mentioning him to be ok without Spoiler tags)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:05:17 PM by Cadd »

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery of larger consequences?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 09:07:14 PM »
I think I'd start at the price of supernatural recovery. A moderate consequence is supposed to slow you down. The trick is to get out of combat and use you speedy recovery to get to the new fight without a scratch. Under the right circumstances, you can have such a break mid conflict, and I'd allow the speedy recovery to work then and there. It's well within what recovery can already do.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery of larger consequences?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 09:42:08 AM »
Shouldn't be too pricey if you already have Recovery. Moderates clear quickly even with just Inhuman Recovery, so clearing one as a mild basically just lets you absorb 4 extra stress per scene. Bit like one of those stunts giving 2 milds with a restriction of some kind.

Maybe a 1 Refresh upgrade letting you replace one of your mild-removing supplementals with a moderate-removing supplemental.

If you don't have Recovery, then it should cost more.