Author Topic: Equivalent Tattoos of St Giles for White Court  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Shaft

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Equivalent Tattoos of St Giles for White Court
« on: November 27, 2014, 03:55:00 AM »
The Tattoos of St Giles are supposed to be exclusively for Red Court, but has anyone ever tried adapting a similar idea for White Court vampires and Virgins? In theory the same ritual could be used to keep the demon within a White Court Virgin in check.  Perhaps they could be named for St Dymphna, the patron saint for mental illness?

Thoughts?

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Equivalent Tattoos of St Giles for White Court
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 02:32:50 PM »
I think it's just called a chastity belt.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 02:45:33 PM »
I think it's just called a chastity belt.

Nice.  :)

@Shaft

I think it would be easy enough since they both have hunger stress, you'd get the +1 to discipline and the extra hunger stress boxes.

The bonus to Lore and social skill rolls is nice as well .

Despite all this, I find Tatooes of St. Giles Expensive.

The 'warning for others' trapping is completely useless.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 07:09:20 PM »
Yeah, they'd be easy to convert. But honestly, they're pretty weak and I'm not sure it'd be worthwhile.

Feeding Dependency is only 1 Refresh, so even if the Tattoos gave you perfect hunger control they'd need other substantial upsides to be worthwhile. And they don't.

A little while ago I toyed with the idea of Tattoos for people who use Sponsor Debt to represent the need to feed. My idea was that they could let you resist a Compel for free once a session, or let you shed Sponsor Debt when refusing a Compel as though you had accepted it.

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 09:46:37 PM »
Those are some interesting ideas for the Tattoos! My version has most of the RCI powers done via Sponsor Debt and the Tattoos just be flavour for when the Power is bought*, but that idea isn't really transferrable to Whampires or WCVs...

I haven't seen it in action enough yet to know if it needs further tinkering, but the option of "shed one debt after buying out of sponsor compel" seems like an interesting way to tinker with any debts that are more manageable than others. Tools for tweaking how "harsh" debt becomes is useful as I like to use debt as a "coersion mechanism" instead of Hunger Stress/Demonic Co-pilot etc.

*Short example
Pre Tattoos: "rawr I'm strong but damn I get hungry" = Sponsor debt on Might/Fists/etc
Post Tattoos: "rawr I'm strong and I don't get at all as hungry as before!" = Inhuman Strength, with Sponsor Debt still an option for an extra push