Author Topic: All Creatures Equal Before God?  (Read 1522 times)

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
All Creatures Equal Before God?
« on: November 17, 2014, 10:03:26 AM »
Hello all,

I was thinking the "All Creatures Equal Before God" part of the Sword of the True Cross power set could be appropriate for a soul fire style breath weapon.  Am I off base, or does this seem appropriate as a 1 point add on for Breath Weapon, if the breath weapon can't get strength bonuses due to its type?

It does seem expensive for 1 point, since it does nothing without a fate point but when active it seems kind of nasty to me?

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
Re: All Creatures Equal Before God?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 10:26:14 AM »
Soulfire does something similar that might fit a bit better. It's a 1 refresh surcharge as well, but it only reduces the toughness power by 1 step and doesn't cost any fate point to activate. Feels like it would fit better.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 07:13:54 PM »
1 Refresh seems a bit cheap. ACaEBG costs 3-4 Refresh depending on how you break down the Sword of the Cross.

Limiting to Breath Weapon does weaken it, especially since Breath Weapon is kinda bad. But still, I'd charge 2 Refresh.

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 09:42:46 PM »
Soulfire does something similar that might fit a bit better. It's a 1 refresh surcharge as well, but it only reduces the toughness power by 1 step and doesn't cost any fate point to activate. Feels like it would fit better.

Well the group has a few to many spell casters in it, so I was leaning away from Sponsored Magic but that is a good point.  I will probably bump the cost up to 2 refresh thank you.