Author Topic: Creative Writing Contest and Possible Publication  (Read 5739 times)

Offline sights unseen

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Creative Writing Contest and Possible Publication
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 06:56:33 PM »
Another review that kinda describes these books:

http://redwyne.com/2007/08/29/review-driven-by-eve-kenin/

ok, done talking about it now.  ::)

Offline Stuart1512

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 10:29:28 PM »
Curses

I'm UK and this stuff never happens around where i live, now if only i could finish The Purge book 1 and have it done by December. And if my parents would be willing to pay for Overseas payment.

Offline Stuart1512

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 10:30:27 PM »
PS: anyone notice that the book covers look like Manga covers? thats what i first thought when i clicked the link

Offline Kiriath

• Conversationalist
  • We rise or fall...
    • View Profile
    • Sa Souvraya Niende Misain Ye
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 02:33:25 AM »
I noticed that, Stuart, and I think they look badass. :D

Wired's cover got me to glance at in the store before I even heard about this line, but the romantic leanings made me feel cautious.
Dr. Juruna: What doth it profit a man to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?
Dr. Haas: Well, he profits by one entire world for starters...
A Miracle of Science

Bonded to the Traveler of the Ways

Offline sights unseen

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 03:08:13 PM »
Well, I'm reading Driven and so far it's the two lead characters having thoughts about how hot his/her body is.  ::) But I was flipping through the book and I did come across one mild sex scene. Well, mild for me. I think these books are geared towards young women. And any description about these books starts with the word romance.

So I think since the bookline is new, it's probably still trying to find it's place. I think the covers would appeal to guys, even though the books have female leads. I think it would be better if the bookline offered male leads as well.

And last night I got to thinking how Driven reads like a Louis L'mour western. Only set in the future. Instead of going on a cattle drive through barren, dangerous outland and outwitting rustlers, the characters are going on a 18-wheeler drive through barren, dangerous outland and outwitting rustlers.   
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 03:10:27 PM by sights unseen »