Poll

what would u be the RPG?

Wizard(EX:Harry duh!!)
98 (37.1%)
Supernatural entity(EX:demon,summer knight,etc)
62 (23.5%)
Gifted mortal(EX:ectomancer, Knight of the cross,etc
85 (32.2%)
Mortal(EX:Murphy,etc)
19 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 255

Author Topic: What would u be?  (Read 76427 times)

Offline Elemental Magus

• Participant
    • View Profile
What would u be?
« on: June 29, 2006, 08:15:37 PM »
well pick one!!!!!!! ;D
All Stories Come to A End in Time....or they get bored and end up in Shadows Fall

Offline Kalium

• Conversationalist
  • Order of the Slightly Dented Denarius
    • View Profile
    • AnimeMusicVides.org
Re: What would u be?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 03:34:31 AM »
Dead, probably. Curiosity killed the mortal.
This is not a .sig. It is a cabbage.

Offline OnyxTheBlackFae

• Participant
  • I'm not worried Harry. I'm with you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 12:02:17 AM »
I...I... I can't decide!!! *tears self in two*

Offline Meren

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 02:37:50 AM »
I'ld be an Other....

Offline BelleMorte

• Participant
  • Won't you come and dance with the Beautiful Death?
    • View Profile
    • Vampie
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 12:41:49 PM »
A supernatural entity sound.... interesting...
My name says it all....
Slipping amongst the shadows, flitting between dark places, always quiet......

Offline Belmonte

• Conversationalist
  • O Dei! Lava quod est sordium!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 04:11:22 AM »
Just to be anal, I'd call the Summer Knight/Winter Knight a 'Gifted Mortal' and not a 'Supernatural Entity' -- they make a big deal about the fact that they're mortals who are imbued with the powers of the fae, rather than fae themselves.

As for my choice, I chose Knight of the Cross.  Michael and Shiro rock my socks.  Then again, I love playing Paladins in D&D, too...
When you ship or slash, God kills a kitten.  You don't want God to kill a kitten, do you?

Offline Valiar Marcus

• Conversationalist
  • Don't mess with my man Harry, dig?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 11:37:54 PM »
I'd revisit my character from the original campaign Jim ran - a football player for the Bears who had a limited precognitive ability and great reflexes.  He was a lotta fun. :)
Chad Mitchell

"Doctors can always bury their mistakes. Architects can only advise their client to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Lady Geektastic

• Conversationalist
  • Me. In make-up and sepia.
    • View Profile
    • Random Acts of Cod
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 06:46:37 AM »
I've fantasized about being a witch/wizard/sorceress all my life. No way would I pass up the chance to be one here...although in all honesty I'd probably have the most fun being a fledgling wizard who still manages to magically screw up enormously while performing a rediculously easy spell...I dunno, I've always just found it more fun to be the floundering newbie than to be the experianced master. Frustration and adolescent screw ups make for great plot points!
Some people are like slinkies. They're basically useless, yet you still can't help but smile as you shove them down the stairs.

Offline jtaylor

• Posty McPostington
  • Bob: Offline but not forgotten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 05:16:06 PM »
I'd play a stage magician/grifter who has tons of magic potential, but can't use it because as a magician, he knows how all the tricks work and that there is no real magic.  :)
A noble spirit enbiggens the smallest man.

Offline Meren

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 05:31:31 PM »
My current nifty character concept for the RPG builds on the story of the Black University.  I think it's in the Blue Fairy Book.

Anyway the story is as follows: Somewhre there is a school that teaches every art, science, and science that has ever been learned by man.  This school is underground and has no light.  Books line all the walls and the way the students is able to read is whenever they open the books the letters on the page themselves glow with a flickering hellish light.   Each student is admitted entry into the school on the condition that he understands the last person to complete their studies and leave the school each year will belong to the master of the school (usually understood to be Satan) and be used in whatever way he see.

One year the student to finish last ran with the others up the tunnel leading out into the sun and when the master of the school grabbed his ankle he kicked at the hand freeing himself he just managed to escape shouting back "There is one other who left after me!" refering to his shadow.  And so he was able to escape but no longer had a shadow.

Anyway, the way that translates into the character I want to play is: A runaway probably from somewhere in the 1920s ends up attending the University.  The University itself is in the never-never.  He studies and learns, arrogant as he is he waits to go last having planned for this.  And he escapes using the shadow trick.  What he discovers though is a lot of time has passed while he was studying and the world has changed.   

To complicate matters he'ld have been tainted by black magic, probably a decently strong wizard whose specialty is evocation.   He'ld also know of the white council and as a result he'ld keep his head low and go out of his way to avoid using magic whenever possiable so as not to draw attention to himself.

Offline Benchleyfan

• Participant
  • Now I have Spidey's theme song stuck in my head...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 12:59:44 AM »
I think I'd be a mortal like Murphy.  Involved through knowing someone like Harry and not because of magical ability. 
A lot of people say: "I'm no good in the morning until I've had my coffee." I'm no good in the morning even after I've had my coffee.-Robert Benchley

Offline harryismyhero

• Participant
  • Oh, how true this is...of ME... ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 05:39:05 AM »
My first choice would be Wizard, hands down. I've always wanted to be a spellslinger for as long as I can remember. Being able to do magic would kick sooo much ass! But if I wasn't a Wizard, I'd be a Gifted Mortal, more specifically a Knight of the Cross. I've always loved swords and swordplay, and fighting demons for God and country (but more for God than country) would be really cool! Either one would rock!
"Hi, I'm Stephanie, and I'm a Dresdenaholic who thinks 'polka will never die.'"

"Do you know what a semiconductor is?"
"A guy that works part-time on a train?"
"...Never mind."

Offline Elemental Magus

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 02:10:10 AM »
I'd be a aprentice wizard witha talent in thautamurgy.....and has a whole lotta magical potential but messes up and *BOOM* takes out half a block!
All Stories Come to A End in Time....or they get bored and end up in Shadows Fall

Offline SanityFlaw

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 12:01:38 AM »
I'd have to say a special mortal...not sure what kind but I kinda like the idea of an ectomancer.  ;D

Offline Samldanach

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 06:04:28 PM »
I've gotta go with Mortal.  Maybe I'm just jaded from years of game play, but flash-bang powers don't do much for me anymore.  I prefer solid competence, and an interesting personality.

Personally, what I'd really like to play is Edward, from the Anita Blake series.  Which I guess would be pretty close to Kincaid, but I'm pretty sure he's not human anymore.  A highly trained mortal, who knows the tricks of the supernaturals.  And gets hired to eliminate problems.