Author Topic: Question on Supernatural Sense  (Read 1197 times)

Offline gojj

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Question on Supernatural Sense
« on: July 05, 2014, 08:44:42 PM »
So I've never used Supernatural Sense before, here are a few ideas.

1. I can "smell lies". This would let me a.) Use Investigation instead of Empathy to defend vs. Deceit (would I get the bonuses from Echoes as well or is that too much stacking?) and b.) Allow me to use Alertness when I first meet someone to see how much they "stink". Not sure how this would play out mechanically, maybe once per person I can make an Alertness assessment to see if they have any aspects about being dishonest or mischievous?

2. I can smell a person's general morality. I mean, really general. It's not so much "I can smell you have committed two counts of robbery, three counts of murder, and arson", but instead "I can smell your souls has been tainted with murder". Again, I'm not sure how specific Supernatural Sense lets me get. Similar to the first one, I could make an Alertness role when I first meet someone to make an assessment.

3. I can smell the "predatory nature" of individuals. If a person is a supernatural predator, I can use Alertness as a kind of "sixth sense" when they are near. Not sure if I would be able to pinpoint where the feeling is coming from. This might intrude a bit too much into the domain of Lore. Because I don't have any Lore, he wouldn't be able to know what kind of predator he is smelling, just that it has malicious intent and is not human.

Do any of these sound plausible or am I way off the mark? My character is a Were-Coyote with bonuses to smell and tracking via Echoes.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Supernatural Sense
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:18:35 PM »
Compare with similarly-priced supernatural senses or The Sight to see whether it is balanced. Generally speaking, automatically sensing lies (but not deception in general) isn't much of an issue - it would only cost -1 Refresh or so. It would be less useful than having The Sight for example.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Supernatural Sense
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 01:01:08 AM »
They all sound fine to me. I probably wouldn't include the Echoes bonus but that's a judgement call.