Author Topic: Fallen Knight Of The Cross?  (Read 3284 times)

Offline CrimsonJoker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Knight Of The Cross?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 04:35:44 AM »
Maybe you could have his coin fused with his sword, as sort of a dark copy of the Swords of the Cross. He could summon it into his hand at any time since it's his coin, which would be a fairly scary trick -- he could walk into a building past security, unarmed, then immediately have a sword in his hand.

What power level are your PCs, and what skill level do their attacks/defenses tend to be at? With that information, I could write some stats...

They currently have 11 Refresh, and they'll either have 12 or 13 by the time the Knight shows up. From what I recall of there stats I have a Knight with Weapons 5, a Wizard  with Conviction/Discipline Great, a Werebear who acts as the Tank offensively, and a WC Vamp who's stats I can't recall but he's fast, has Awareness as his Superb stat, and who I assume can put up a fight since he's a former marine but he hasn't shown off much.

I love the coin idea.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 12:09:20 PM »
Here's an interesting concept I had for a time;

Alice Liddel
High Concept: Blood Knight  Trouble: Pretty Smart - Also Insane
Aspects: Faerie Foe, Family over Faith, Vow of Vengeance

Her family plagued by faeries and dream spirits of the Nevernever when she was a little girl, Alice was granted a holy sword to defend them when she proved her mettle by beating the spirits in several of their mad games. Unfortunately, it was revealed that the family had unwittingly invited the spirits in the first place and Alice's attempts to use the sword to free them failed. This drew the attention of one of the Fallen, who convinced Alice that she should save her parents from insanity by killing them as death would be preferable to madness.

Bathed in the blood of innocents, the holy sword was corrupted, inviting in and amplifying the demon's power. Young Alice realized what she'd done and was filled with grief and rage against the supernatural; the holy powers for not saving her family, the faeries for playing their mad games and the powers of Hell for urging her to that resolution. She's roamed the Earth ever since, slaying beings of these three categories her goal.

Skills:
+6: Weapons, Athletics
+5: Alertness, Lore
+4: Discipline, Might
+3: Endurance, Conviction
+2: Empathy, Presence, Raport
+1: Stealth, Survival, Riding, Scholarship

Powers/Stunts:
...It is what it is: a once broken, then reforged former holy sword - weapon 3.
...Indestructible
...Purpose: Slay supernatural beings without cause, reason or excuses
...True Aim: +1 to weapons skill
...Slice and Dice: +2 weapon rating
...Vorpal Strike: degrades victim's toughness powers by 1 step
[-1] The Vorpal Blade
[-4] Supernatural Strength
[-2] Supernatural Speed
[-4] Supernatural Toughness
[+2] Catch: powers of Faith
[-1] Strategist: may use weapons as a knowledge skill for tactics, fighting styles and combat/war planning.
[-1] Running Stand: +2 to dodge in any exchange she ends a move in the zone she started from.
[-1] Way of the Sword: +1 to attacks with European-style blades.
[-1] The Insanity Defense: may accept a debt against her Trouble to automatically defend vs a mental attack.
[-1] Chessmaster: +2 to Knowledge declaration rolls directly used in conflict.

Offline PirateJack

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 06:39:52 AM »
Nope, it's been Amoracchius that's never been broken. It's allegedly the same one as Excalibur. Esperacchius is supposed to have been Durendal.

Word of Jim gives it as Kusanagi and Excalibur not being the original blades. Then again, reading over that snippet implies that all three of the blades have replaced at some point.
Quote from: JoeC
"Why are you banging your head against the wall?
'cause it feels sooooo good when I stop..."

Offline vultur

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2014, 06:25:17 PM »
They currently have 11 Refresh, and they'll either have 12 or 13 by the time the Knight shows up. From what I recall of there stats I have a Knight with Weapons 5, a Wizard  with Conviction/Discipline Great, a Werebear who acts as the Tank offensively, and a WC Vamp who's stats I can't recall but he's fast, has Awareness as his Superb stat, and who I assume can put up a fight since he's a former marine but he hasn't shown off much.

I love the coin idea.

If an above Submerged wizard doesn't have Superb in either conviction or discipline, I'm assuming he's not massively combat optimized. In that case...

OK then.

High Concept: Fallen Knight
Other Aspects: Host of Ferrumiel, Master Swordsman, Arrogant and Cruel, A Bloodstained Past

Skills (38 skill points)
Superb: Weapons, Athletics
Great: Alertness, Discipline
Good:  Endurance, Intimidation, Lore
Fair: Contacts, Empathy, Resources
Average: Conviction, Driving, Might, Presence, Rapport

Stunts
Calm Blue Ocean (Discipline): +2 to Discipline to control emotions
Swordsman (Weapons): +1 to Weapons attacks with swords
Wall of Death (Weapons)

Powers
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
Supernatural Recovery [-4]
     The Catch [+2]: holy
Sponsor [-0]: take sponsor debt on Weapons rolls; agenda: to kill and corrupt
Ferrumiel's Coin-Sword [+0] - not an Item of Power rebate since he can summon it into his hand at any time
   It Is What It Is: one-handed arming sword, weapon:2 (weapon:4 with his strength)
   Indestructible
   Soulstrike: allows the wielder to make mental attacks in melee, weapon:2 (no strength bonus) [-1?]
   Hellfire Blast: allows the sword to be used for ranged attacks, up to two zones [-1?]   

Stress
mental ooo
physical oooo(oo) Armor:2 bulletproof vest, Armor:1 if not wearing armor or when hit by stress that bypasses the vest
social ooo

Total Refresh Cost: -13

That gives him Fantastic physical defense, Fantastic mental defense against emotions (Great otherwise), and Fantastic attacks (physical weapon:4 melee or ranged, mental weapon:2 melee). He can shed a mild consequence as a supplemental twice.

Depending on how combat heavy your players are, you might want to give him Supernatural Toughness (physical stress oooo(oooo) Armor:2, and adding 2 to his total refresh cost) and give the sword True Aim (boosting his attacks to Epic, and adding one more to his total refresh cost). What I have above isn't that much stronger than a PC at your level, so since he'll be facing 4 PCs, a boost is probably a good idea.  But I don't know how good your players' defenses are, so I'm not sure whether to add the True Aim or not.

EDIT: added True Aim suggestion, more aspects, Fallen's name, worn armor
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:32:56 PM by vultur »

Offline CrimsonJoker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 02:26:26 AM »
I like it, thanks. I took True Aim into consideration, but I won't know whether it's needed or not until the time comes. They aren't ready for Denarians yet, but when they are they'll be in for a Hell of a fight! :)