Author Topic: Arting Harder at the Pen Monkey Toiling Pit (Celebrate Them Pages Pt III)  (Read 48897 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Re: Arting Harder at the Pen Monkey Toiling Pit (Celebrate Them Pages Pt III)
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »
i started to err write again.... so far I have half a chapter....
so maybe the poke helped? Ha!

OK, up to page 197 of the 2nd editor requested revisions (out of 274 pages), but there is a fairly substantial rearrangement of material. I expect a slow down as I work with that...
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline moon

• Posty McPostington
  • Dr awesome aka neuro THANK YOU
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2014, 06:50:29 PM »
maybe
but it was funny when i was talking to neuro while we went out for lunch together and i got an idea and started writing it down during the convisations
i hae written the idea in to actual paragraph now
so yay
may you live in interesting times

My Guide Dog Layla is pawsome
@blindseyeview for pictures ect

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2014, 11:24:54 PM »
Thanks DK, but my fresh look was cut short when the 2nd round of edits came in. So back in editing mode. Take a look at my new thread? Could use some of your insight.
 Consider yourself poked! And something is wrong talking to imaginary people? Since when? Is that why they stare at me at Starbucks?
Yeah! Ulfgeir! Doing a single writer's stadium wave from kitchen table. Best luck on sticking to it. Ain't that the truth, but I do enjoy editing too. I wish I could figure out how to do both--something new while editing something old. I either 1. don't have time or 2. I'm too inflexible...  It's good to have you post again, my friend! And how great to get second on your nod to the theme! Very exciting. I've a goal of getting into SFWA someday, but I've not proven to be a short story person or a dedicated regular submission-type person. We'll see. Someday...

I love the feeling that comes with fixing a scene that didn't quite work... figuring out what the hitch or burr was, and nailing it down... but the spellchecks/read-throughs and such are too damn much like work.  ;)  Still, it's the only way to get from A to B.  Slog on, MacDuffy!

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2014, 07:41:13 PM »
So, in the same vein as PaynesGrey above...

Can I count it as writing when I spent my writing time cutting up print copies and reorganizing like a pre-schooler? I needed to take about 500 words and relocate it earlier in the manuscript. I simply couldn't see it, or more likely I needed to feel it and the pages, to get the job done...

Either way, I'm counting it as successful writing time since I worked out the problem. Now to doing it on the computer and re-writing the transitions tonight or tomorrow morning.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline moon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2014, 02:10:36 AM »
you can if I can count reasearch to make sure a seen will be accuret as writing time
if so
2 hours

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »
It's a deal moon. Research away.

Periscope is down for editing deadline on the 18th. Shouldn't be a problem--I hope.

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
« Reply #201 on: August 16, 2014, 02:43:12 AM »
Been getting some good revisions  on the Big Damn Sequel despite (or perhaps because of) major family issues.
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline moon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2014, 07:33:18 PM »
5 hours of reasearch and a draft of the second half of chapter one that needs neaterning in to full sentances
i call this a win

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 18, 2014, 09:29:16 PM »
Been getting some good revisions  on the Big Damn Sequel despite (or perhaps because of) major family issues.
yep, it can be like that sometimes...

And yeah on the win Moon

Deadline met. Sent it off around 4PM Sunday, immediately went out riding with very pouting and neglected horse. She was thrilled at the attention. Also mowed yard. House still looks like nuclear disaster.

Even so, this morning was great to be back on my normal writing schedule with time for writing, work, house, pets, and me!  Spent it charting out what additional series books look like. Already have the ideas, but I wanted to see a time line. It was FUN. And after all those edits, I'm ready for fun!

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2014, 02:05:38 PM »
7k - AI part 2

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2014, 03:49:13 AM »
Sigh,
I have been stalling, The six part braided short story collection for the GG is calling. 95% finished)

How ever I have been making this,

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss146/Thorgierr/70fd512a-88bd-4efb-85ee-0e2e6fc504fc.jpg

It is all handmade except the barrel, .50 cal, cut rifling, sixty two inches over all, and can be reloaded in the prone position.

In my defense, it is from one of my co author's NYT best selling novel.

Back to making literary sparks,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2014, 09:59:47 PM »
Oh, that's a lovely piece of hardware you're working on there.  Never big on blackpowder myself, but I respect and appreciate the craftsmanship there.  Gorgeous work.

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
« Reply #207 on: August 26, 2014, 08:05:30 AM »
Thanks,
As I said the rifle is new technology introduced in to the 1632 story cycle. It has the advantage of being reloadable in the prone position, this changes 17th century warfare dramatically.

One of our rules is that tech for the "New time line" has to work, there were question raised, so we made one. Grin.

This was not the first thing made, in the past we have hand made an aviation propeller, a two pound to the HP wooden block steam engine (bolt on iron cylinders), and a lead screw for a lathe starting with a drawn rod and wire.

Back to our writing (my wife and I), we just received the contract for "Murder and Chocolate" that comes out in Grantville Gazette vol. 55 Sept 1.

The work was actually written three years ago, publishing lead times are fun!

Regards,
Kevin

Oh, that's a lovely piece of hardware you're working on there.  Never big on blackpowder myself, but I respect and appreciate the craftsmanship there.  Gorgeous work.
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2014, 01:16:03 AM »
9k AI Part 2

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2014, 12:37:32 PM »
11k - AI part 2

The Deposed King