Author Topic: Arting Harder at the Pen Monkey Toiling Pit (Celebrate Them Pages Pt III)  (Read 49090 times)

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Big, long slog to dial back Shaifennen's dialect and patter.  Aggravating but necessary.  On the up-side, it's letting me catch a number of other small errors as I go through it again.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
Big, long slog to dial back Shaifennen's dialect and patter.  Aggravating but necessary.  On the up-side, it's letting me catch a number of other small errors as I go through it again.

Never give up.  Never surrender PG!

99k - Admiral Invincible

The Deposed King
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:53:34 PM by The Deposed King »

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Couldn't quit if I wanted to.  Those stories want out.  ;)

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
101k - Admiral Invincible

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Will be off-line for quite a while. My 2nd edit came through on Book I. Ellen says, "The book is amazing; your characterizations are amazing, and, what is most exciting to me, the last fifty pages are unputdownable." And also she says, "...an extremely deep edit, which is a good thing and a compliment to you."

I take that to mean, now we will make the first 250 pages as unputdownable as the last fifty! Ha! Although I haven't yet opened the actual document she's warned me it will be exhaustive. She did in-line suggestions and track changes for the house style as well as the editing letter.

Every step will be filled with learning opportunities. I can not wait!

Book II will have to sit. An accompanying short story will have to percolate without key strokes, as will blogging. In addition, the to-be-read list and reviews will go on hold.

*fading into the internet with a smile all*
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
Will be off-line for quite a while. My 2nd edit came through on Book I. Ellen says, "The book is amazing; your characterizations are amazing, and, what is most exciting to me, the last fifty pages are unputdownable." And also she says, "...an extremely deep edit, which is a good thing and a compliment to you."

I take that to mean, now we will make the first 250 pages as unputdownable as the last fifty! Ha! Although I haven't yet opened the actual document she's warned me it will be exhaustive. She did in-line suggestions and track changes for the house style as well as the editing letter.

Every step will be filled with learning opportunities. I can not wait!

Book II will have to sit. An accompanying short story will have to percolate without key strokes, as will blogging. In addition, the to-be-read list and reviews will go on hold.

*fading into the internet with a smile all*

Way to go Meg_!  Best of luck, that edit sounds exhausting.

The Deposed King

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
103k - Admiral Invincible

The Deposed King

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Line edits completed tonight. Now the real work begins...

And thank you DK.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
Congrats Meg and best of luck.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
104k - Admiral Invincible

The Deposed King

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Chucking through the comment lists for the easy fixes while contemplating the more complex ones.

Can't leave the other manuscript dangling though. I'm finding time to revise both. Added an evening short session to manage time.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
105k - Admiral Invincible

106k - Admiral Invincible

107k - Admiral Invincible

108k - Admiral Invincible

The Deposed King
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:20:52 PM by The Deposed King »

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
109k - Admiral Invincible

The Deposed King

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Editing the crap out of stuff. Didn't want to see the parade any way...  Will probably be at it all weekend. Still working on easy stuff and trying to get my head around alternatives for the hard stuff.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
111k - Admiral Invincible

The Deposed King