Author Topic: Fate Core Stunts Advice  (Read 1146 times)

Offline cowardlylion

• Participant
    • View Profile
Fate Core Stunts Advice
« on: November 17, 2013, 10:49:23 PM »
I am playing a Dresden files hack of fate core and am having a little time getting used to the slightly different stunt balance, I know this isn't quite the right place for it but for those familiar with the fate core system are these stunts and extra's for a bane styled PC  balanced.

Back Breaker (Physique) You can use Physique to attack an enemy you have the grappled or pinned advantage against.

Intimidate Prowess (Physique): You can use Physique instead of Provoke to intimidate foes that have lower Physique than you.

Extra:
Venom (-1): This supernatural steroid takes an action to use and gives you a +1 to physique for a scene this also gives your character the aspect "Insane Rage" which can be freely tag against him once. 

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:52:52 PM by cowardlylion »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Fate Core Stunts Advice
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 04:15:43 AM »
I don't really know Fate Core all that well. But I'd allow Back Breaker and Venom in DFRPG and as I recall the balance isn't too terribly different.

Intimidate Prowess seems too good, though. Pretty much everyone will have lower Physique than the kind of character who would take that Stunt.

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 04:37:56 AM »
Sanctaphrax is right, the skill replacement stunt should probably read something like "... when your physical appearance would be a beneficial factor". I've seen a few skill replacement stunts that worked well like that.

The other stunts look good as they are. Though I would rename "Venom", as it implies you have the capacity of injecting a venom into someone you hit. "Adrenaline Rush" or something similar seems more appropriate.

If you are on Google+, I can recommend the Fate Core community there. A lot of people who have done all kinds of conversions yet, all your questions can easily be answered.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Dougansf

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:11:52 PM »
I would suggest narrowing the focus of Intimidate Prowess to either Create Advantage OR Overcome only.  I would avoid allowing Physique to do Mental Stress with an Attack.

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 05:19:38 AM »
Given what I'm reading, I'd potentially have Venom work a little differently:

Once per session, you may take an action inflict a mild consequence on your self related to the use of a supernatural steroid.  You gain +2 to all Physique rolls until the end of the scene.

I'd actually allow "You may take an action to inflict a consequence...you gain a bonus to all Physique rolls equal to the amount of stress that consequence absorbs until the end of the scene."