Author Topic: Fate Points  (Read 1600 times)

Offline ReignMaker

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Fate Points
« on: October 12, 2013, 09:12:41 PM »
Hey folks!

I'm new to GMing DFRPG and have a quick question: is there an easy way to know when a fate point is transferred to another after an aspect is invoked/tagged? For example, if character A swings at B, and invokes "Total Baller" (or whatever) for +2 on the swing, does B receive the fate point?

On compels it's straight forward, it's just on combat stuff that I'm more than a little confused.

Thanks!

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Fate Points
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 12:07:19 AM »
I'll quote Your Story...

Quote from: page 106
...if you're invoking an aspect on another PC or on a NPC to gain an advantage over them, that character will receive the fate point you spent, either at the end of the exchange (in conflict, see page 197) or at the end of the scene (outside of conflict).

Tags, even if they are to a character's detriment, do not award a fate point like a normal invocation would. If no fate point was spent, there's no fate point to pass around.

As far as I know there are no other situations where a fate point is transferred to another after an aspect is invoked.

Magicpockets

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 04:23:44 AM »
The only time fate points exchange hands between players is when a PC compels another PC.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 03:46:24 AM »
...I can see why you'd want to run it that way, but by the book it just ain't so.

Offline Dougansf

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 04:11:51 PM »
You may be thinking of Fate Core, where if someone spends a Fate Point (not a free invoke) on an Aspect against you, then you get the Fate Point (at the end of the scene, I think).

Offline noclue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 12:46:56 AM »
The only time fate points exchange hands between players is when a PC compels another PC.
Well, technically PCs can't Compel other PCs. The player proposes the compel and pays a FP to the GM, the GM takes over the compel and pays out.

But, basically its the same thing.