Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259866 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #780 on: May 25, 2017, 12:26:14 PM »
Then clearly we need Cloris Leachman for Mother Winter

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 25, 2017, 05:31:31 PM »
I like that
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 25, 2017, 05:54:39 PM »
Me too
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Machiaveli

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 08, 2017, 07:25:18 PM »
Hey Guys, apologies if it's already been mentioned but how about for Kincaid... Tom Hardy?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5f/de/24/5fde245299539e018481a5135097f2be.jpg

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 08, 2017, 08:01:03 PM »
Hey Guys, apologies if it's already been mentioned but how about for Kincaid... Tom Hardy?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5f/de/24/5fde245299539e018481a5135097f2be.jpg
Im fine with that. Kincaid is one of those that rotates for based on the popular badass of the day.  Usually it's Jason Statham for me these days, though that's paradoxical for me because Kincaid has Hair in my  head and Statham does not cannot.  And either of those (Statham or Hardy) might be a bit too old depending on how young they cast Murphy; if they cast the characters for Storm Front, they have to cast most of them 15 years younger that I currently picture them.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Machiaveli

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 09, 2017, 05:26:42 PM »
I was thinking much the same and considered Chris Hemsworth for the youth thing, I think he'd appear a little too wholesome for Kincaid though. However, as Kincaid isn't vanilla mortal wouldn't he appear pretty much the same throughout the series and not as prone to the ageing process as Murphy and the rest of the plain old mortal types?

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 11, 2017, 04:06:08 PM »
Been watching American Gods.

Emily Browning for Maeve.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 12, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »

Too mature looking, imo.  Maeve is supposed to make you feel dirty for finding her attractive.  The best Ive seen is Jena Malone, her character in the middle Hunger Games flick was a perfect Maeve, primarily using her sexuality to make others uncomfortable:

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 12, 2017, 03:45:18 PM »

I think she's doing a great job on AG, but I don't feel like she's right for Maeve and Aurora and Sarissa.  Tatiana Maslany is the only person I've seen that can manage so many unique characters.  But I feel like she's now, at 31, too old to play a teenager/early twenties woman for the 10+ years it'd take to make the series.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 12, 2017, 04:54:49 PM »
I think she's doing a great job on AG, but I don't feel like she's right for Maeve and Aurora and Sarissa.  Tatiana Maslany is the only person I've seen that can manage so many unique characters.  But I feel like she's now, at 31, too old to play a teenager/early twenties woman for the 10+ years it'd take to make the series.
Im not convinced those three need to be the same actress by any stretch.  Unlike Mab and Titania, Sarissa and Maeve arent described as blatantly Identical, and Aurora's similarities always struck me as more the natural family resemblance of two cousins born of actual identical maternal DNA. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 12, 2017, 05:35:14 PM »
Im not convinced those three need to be the same actress by any stretch.  Unlike Mab and Titania, Sarissa and Maeve arent described as blatantly Identical, and Aurora's similarities always struck me as more the natural family resemblance of two cousins born of actual identical maternal DNA.
Maeve and Aurora
Her blond hair cleared out to Sidhe white, her fingers and limbs suddenly seemed slightly longer, and her features became almost identical to Maeve’s, eyes vertically slitted and almost violently green.
Maeve and Sarissa
I looked back and forth between the two. “Hell’s bells, you’re identical twins.”
I think at that point, you'd have to get doppelgangers like Portman and Knightly, or just cast the same actress as all three.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 12, 2017, 06:26:55 PM »
Maeve and AuroraMaeve and SarissaI think at that point, you'd have to get doppelgangers like Portman and Knightly, or just cast the same actress as all three.
I could absolutely go with a Portman/Knightly level, I just think that literally casting a single actress for all three would be the lazy shortcut.

And it would 100% ruin the surprise of who Sarissa really is, so there is that...  :-\
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 12, 2017, 06:48:19 PM »
I could absolutely go with a Portman/Knightly level, I just think that literally casting a single actress for all three would be the lazy shortcut.

And it would 100% ruin the surprise of who Sarissa really is, so there is that...  :-\
Well, that's where makeup and acting come into play.  I've seen actresses go blonde for a role and put on heavy makeup, and they look completely different.  I think they could do the same with one actress for M/A/S, but it'd have to be the right actress.  And Sarissa might need to be a brunette, to make it less apparent.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 12, 2017, 07:06:23 PM »
Well, that's where makeup and acting come into play.  I've seen actresses go blonde for a role and put on heavy makeup, and they look completely different.  I think they could do the same with one actress for M/A/S, but it'd have to be the right actress.  And Sarissa might need to be a brunette, to make it less apparent.
It could be done, and if there are budget constraints it might be likely.  But if they can Id rather them do the legwork in the casting and get two actresses that look reasonably different until you put them side by side.  Or hell, cast me some actual sisters!
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 12, 2017, 08:32:51 PM »
It could be done, and if there are budget constraints it might be likely.  But if they can Id rather them do the legwork in the casting and get two actresses that look reasonably different until you put them side by side.  Or hell, cast me some actual sisters!
Sister actresses seems rare, even for twins.  I'd settle for that, but I still think having A&M played by the same actress would be the best bet, considering how different they appear.  Then you could cast a sister for Sarissa down the line.