Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259865 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #750 on: February 08, 2017, 09:13:15 PM »
I think we have a good candidate for Mavra in the form of Kellyanne Conway... Sorry if that is too political.

/Ulfgeir
I don't think that's political. She's not a politician, after all.  And my co-workers (Reps & Dems alike) all agreed last week she looks like a walking corpse.

Im currently leaning toward Eva Green.  Anyone that hasnt seen her on Penny Dreadful is missing out big-time
Mavra is supposed to lack a feminine figure.  They're going to have to do some work to make Eva Green look androgynous.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 08, 2017, 09:25:08 PM »
Mavra is supposed to lack a feminine figure.  They're going to have to do some work to make Eva Green look androgynous.
I dont really think so, the episodes from Penny Dreadful where she was possessed and/or locked in a mental institution had her lacking most of anything Id call femininity.  Feral maybe, but not feminine. 

That being said Mavra will need lots of corpse make-up regardless, and that effort will undoubtedly emaciate her plenty, which will further help hide any femininity she may hang onto. 

(click to show/hide)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 08, 2017, 09:33:06 PM »
Both of them would be well in my opinion, but the older woman is scarier.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 08, 2017, 10:13:51 PM »
I dont really think so, the episodes from Penny Dreadful where she was possessed and/or locked in a mental institution had her lacking most of anything Id call femininity.  Feral maybe, but not feminine. 

That being said Mavra will need lots of corpse make-up regardless, and that effort will undoubtedly emaciate her plenty, which will further help hide any femininity she may hang onto. 

(click to show/hide)
By saying it would be difficult to make her androgynous, I was referring to Eva Green's... other physical characteristics.    :D

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 09, 2017, 02:51:42 PM »
I'd be willing to go with a more feminine figure to get Eva Green. (No, I'm not thinking THAT way.) (Okay I am, but I'm also thinking about the scary look.)
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 09, 2017, 08:12:01 PM »
Mavra clothing will probably take care of most feminine traits.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 09, 2017, 08:28:56 PM »
I agree Dina ....

(click to show/hide)
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 14, 2017, 10:45:19 PM »
Chyler Leigh for Lara Raith.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 15, 2017, 01:43:32 PM »
Chyler Leigh for Lara Raith.
Not yet, but maybe soon.  My only issue with her is that she's so young that it would force Thomas to be cast in the "hollywood Highschool" age-range for her to fit the Older Sister feel.  Unless of course they completely scrap the notion of relative age appearance for the Raiths.  Which would be bold, and a little disconcerting, but definitely fitting the source material. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 15, 2017, 01:45:13 PM »
Ive settled a few more in my mind:

Jon Malcovich as Ferro

Michael:Timothy Omundson (Current Vintage) or Dylan Deal (SF Vintage)

<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 15, 2017, 01:52:18 PM »
Ive settled a few more in my mind:

Jon Malcovich as Ferro

Michael:Timothy Omundson (Current Vintage) or Dylan Deal (SF Vintage)

I could handle Timothy, but I wasn't able to find anything on Dylan.

How about Anson Mount of Hell on Wheels for Michael?

How about Colm Meaney for Gregory Cristos?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 15, 2017, 02:07:56 PM »
I could handle Timothy, but I wasn't able to find anything on Dylan.
Here you go.  He played a villain (Prof Ivo) on the Arrow tv show.  He worked well there as a psychotic yet still oddly sympathetic captor who was experimenting on people. 
(click to show/hide)
How about Anson Mount of Hell on Wheels for Michael?
Too..Hard.  Michael is a tight-rope walk in that he needs to be a guy that can smile with his eyes alone and exude happy contentment while holding a baby at a little league game, while still chill your blood with a hard look and soft-spoken word.  Mount could do the Warrior of Heaven but not the gentle Daddy side of the character, even when he smiles it just doesnt look like it quite fits on his face. 

I could see him as a decent Slate or Kincaid, though Jason Statham is my go-to.  He'd also make a dynamite Morgan, if Clancy Brown ever starts aging.
How about Colm Meaney for Gregory Cristos?
I think he'd fit the tone of La Fortier more.  He fits what we all suspect is under the surface of Cristos, but not the public persona.  Cristos projects himself as more of the Gilderoy Lockhart of politicians (maybe a hair less stupid).  I expect whomever plays Cristos to be a little on the younger side (relative to the SC) and to have a blindingly white fake smile. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:45:51 PM by Quantus »
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 15, 2017, 05:04:30 PM »
Isn't Cristos Greek?

I figured that Thomas and Lara would look the same age, given that they're Wamps.

I said it earlier, but I still think Jaime Camil would be a great Esteban Batiste.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 15, 2017, 05:48:59 PM »
Isn't Cristos Greek?

I figured that Thomas and Lara would look the same age, given that they're Wamps.
That was my point.  Given that they're Vamps they technically look about the same age as Papa Wraith as well, but that would play extra weird on screen;  it makes the familial relationships extra confusing, as compared to casting that offers more traditional visual clues.  But then it might be a weird they like and decide to run with, and it would be an interesting way to make the Wampires extra-unsettling. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 15, 2017, 06:47:59 PM »
Okay, I might get shot for this, but ....

Kind of like in the Twilight movies?  All of those vampires looked to be close in age.  Even the "mom" and "dad".