Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259861 times)

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #555 on: May 15, 2015, 06:29:05 PM »
But her description isn't consistent with being pale-skinned, blond and blue-eyed.  She was dark-skinned, had dark brown-grey hair, and--IIRC--brown eyes (actually said amber eyes that could just barely qualify as brown--i.e. wolf eyes).

... Sounds like Native isn't a bad fit, for various shades of "dark-skinned."

But as for Coyote, while wolves and coyotes do hybridize, it's primarily due to the wholesale elimination of the former.  I think there are wolf-spirit entities that would probably be closer to the role you've suggested, and they occur in Celtic as well as North American Native tradition.  Since allegedly St. Patrick was the one who cursed Harley MacFinn's ancestor (and I think 'Fitz' is a Celtic word), might be worth looking into.

I take your point. My general lack of knowledge regarding Native traditions made me posit Coyote/wolf, but Wolf/wolf makes more sense.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 15, 2015, 11:50:40 PM »
... Sounds like Native isn't a bad fit, for various shades of "dark-skinned."

I take your point. My general lack of knowledge regarding Native traditions made me posit Coyote/wolf, but Wolf/wolf makes more sense.

Recall also that coyotes didn't enjoy the huge range they currently occupy back in the day.  When I was a kid in NW MO, coyotes were unheard of there.  They're very common there, now.  Same with armadillos.

As for why the latter's range has expanded, I don't think anyone knows--when I was a kid they were pretty much restricted to southern TX.  Coyotes, on the other hand, expanded once large-scale extermination of wolves created vacancies for 'em.  One of the main reasons why the smaller Red Wolf of the SE US is now critically endangered--because Coyotes have moved in and genetically swamped 'em.  Coyotes and Crows are the two native North American animals that have actually become more numerous since the arrival of Europeans.  Tendency has been in the other direction for most other species...

Point is that prior to European colonization Coyotes were much less numerous and widespread.  Center of distribution more in the American southwest than is the case today.  Therefore the legendary entity of that name likely--at least originally--had a similar range among cultures of that region.  Northern Plains nations, particularly in Canada, and those of eastern North America probably envisioned Wolf, rather than Coyote, spiritual entities.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 25, 2015, 05:36:47 AM »
Don't like Russell. Who would you choose?

For Thomas?  Michael Wincott.  Always been my choice.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Azurlandra

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 01, 2015, 08:28:37 PM »
Hi, I'm new.  I pictured Mark Shepard from the tv series Supernatural as Nicodemus.

Azurlandra
Azurlandra

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 03, 2015, 01:31:13 PM »
Hi, I'm new.  I pictured Mark Shepard from the tv series Supernatural as Nicodemus.

Azurlandra
His Crowley could certainly pull of the tone of the character, but I always picture Nicodemon as more skeletally skinny, and a indeterminant but weathered look of age. 

And then, of course, to me it's not Mark Sheppard from Supernatural, it's Mark sheppard from Firefly, so he will Forever be my Binder pick :)

PS Welcome to the Insanity!
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Azurlandra

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 03, 2015, 03:27:22 PM »
Ahhh, I can see Binder in him absolutely.  :) 

Azurlandra
Azurlandra

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 04, 2015, 02:44:28 AM »
Ahhh, I can see Binder in him absolutely.  :) 

Azurlandra

Yup.  Been my pick since the git-go (also because of Firefly).  Got two picks for Nicodemus--first is Lani Tupu (as he appeared as the "Peace-Keeper" in Farscape).  Admittedly I picture him as equally good for Morgan's role.  Second Nicodemus pick is Jeremy Irons--especially since he's gotten that gravelly voice with age (and/or unhealthy habits).
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 02:48:08 AM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 04, 2015, 04:31:42 AM »
I currently prefer Gideon Emery for Nico.  He's the guy with sunglasses in the elevator in this preview.

https://youtu.be/gGmgyE2Cuy4

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 04, 2015, 01:45:09 PM »
Yup.  Been my pick since the git-go (also because of Firefly).  Got two picks for Nicodemus--first is Lani Tupu (as he appeared as the "Peace-Keeper" in Farscape).  Admittedly I picture him as equally good for Morgan's role.  Second Nicodemus pick is Jeremy Irons--especially since he's gotten that gravelly voice with age (and/or unhealthy habits).
My top three for Nic are: Robert Carlyle, Jeremy Irons, or Andrew Scott (aka Moriarty from the BBC Sherlock)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Denarian

• Participant
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 05, 2015, 09:31:52 AM »
This is really sad, but I have a whole Google Doc devoted to this. There are several gaps, but here’s who I have so far. They’re behind spoilers because I’ve embedded a ton of images.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
I have more, but since it’s after 4 a.m. here I’ll wait until tomorrow to dig up the rest of the pics.
Harry Dresden and the Sorcerer's Curse
Harry Dresden and the Chamber of Circles
Harry Dresden and the Prisoner of Vampires
Harry Dresden and the Stone Table
Harry Dresden and the Order of the Blackened Denarius
Harry Dresden and the Half-Blood Vampire
Harry Dresden and the Deadly Darkhallo

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 05, 2015, 01:02:23 PM »
This is really sad, but I have a whole Google Doc devoted to this. There are several gaps, but here’s who I have so far. They’re behind spoilers because I’ve embedded a ton of images.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
I have more, but since it’s after 4 a.m. here I’ll wait until tomorrow to dig up the rest of the pics.
Thats actually a fantastic list!  Not my picks in almost every instance, but I could see all of them working.  I also realized that I think Im casting almost everyone based the versions of actors from about 10 years ago.  Now I feel Old... 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Azurlandra

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 05, 2015, 02:38:07 PM »
I couldn't place Jeremy Irons at first but once I googled him and his pic came up dawn hit.  :)  I can clearly see a noose knot neck-tie and a quiet evil smile.  :S

Azurlandra
Azurlandra

Offline Denarian

• Participant
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 05, 2015, 05:08:43 PM »
Thats actually a fantastic list!  Not my picks in almost every instance, but I could see all of them working.  I also realized that I think Im casting almost everyone based the versions of actors from about 10 years ago.  Now I feel Old...
God, I know. I found out Karl Urban is actually 42 and I was like, aw.
I couldn't place Jeremy Irons at first but once I googled him and his pic came up dawn hit.  :)  I can clearly see a noose knot neck-tie and a quiet evil smile.  :S
Ooh, Alfred from the upcoming Batman v. Superman. He would be a great Nicky. But lemme hit y’all with my lineup:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Harry Dresden and the Sorcerer's Curse
Harry Dresden and the Chamber of Circles
Harry Dresden and the Prisoner of Vampires
Harry Dresden and the Stone Table
Harry Dresden and the Order of the Blackened Denarius
Harry Dresden and the Half-Blood Vampire
Harry Dresden and the Deadly Darkhallo

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 07, 2015, 07:20:40 PM »
God, I know. I found out Karl Urban is actually 42 and I was like, aw. Ooh, Alfred from the upcoming Batman v. Superman. He would be a great Nicky. But lemme hit y’all with my lineup:

(click to show/hide)

Agree with a lot of your picks.  Mine for Tera West was Samantha Mumbo, but Laverne Cox would work (as Tera) too.  Yayussss...

Jeff Bridges was my second choice for Vadderung, and your photo of him sort of endorses that IMHO.  My first pick was Kris Kristofferson.

DEFINITELY like Scarlette Johansen as Lara Raith.  Yayusss agin!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 03:15:56 PM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 07, 2015, 07:24:53 PM »
Lani Tupu--Morgan (1st choice), Nicodemus (2nd choice)

Michael Wincott--Thomas (only choice)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:27:38 PM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »