Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259876 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #540 on: May 10, 2015, 10:41:39 PM »
Isn´t Tera a ginger?
Nah, she was dark of skin and hair with a silver streak. 

I'm a little partial to Tonantzin Carmelo or Julia Jones, but I'm willing to keep an open mind.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 10, 2015, 10:56:06 PM »
Weird, I distinctly remember everyone in this forum speculating about how the red haired boy who heard ghosts was his son (I believe so) and one of the arguments was his hair matching hers. I am confused. I pictured her dark blonde in Fool moon.

I can't imagine her as a black woman.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 10, 2015, 11:01:54 PM »
Weird, I distinctly remember everyone in this forum speculating about how the red haired boy who heard ghosts was his son (I believe so) and one of the arguments was his hair matching hers. I am confused. I pictured her dark blonde in Fool moon.

I've heard the parentage theory, but I think the red hair came from MacFinn's side. He wasn't a red-head either, but I think it's more likely a recessive gene from his bloodline. (if the theory is correct)

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 10, 2015, 11:06:54 PM »
So Tera should be heterozygote too. Well, I'll keep having my mental image of Tera.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 10, 2015, 11:22:17 PM »

Her descriptions didn't suggest she was white.  Filipino or Thai, if anything, but Ms. Mumba is close enough to those phenotypes to pull it off.  Particularly the part about mesmerizing cops on a stakeout by dancing naked.  Yow wow!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:01:21 AM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 12, 2015, 10:05:25 AM »
She is, as far as the text is concerned, a wolf. Her implied race from the book is the least important thing to get right.

That said, I would shoot for a Native actress, since most of the popular theories have her as a Coyote scion.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 12, 2015, 01:48:25 PM »
I thought just the opposite. Because she is a wolf, her hair and skin are very important. Since I am a biologist, I never thought in any human ancestry, only in wolves colors.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Foxed

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 12, 2015, 03:03:30 PM »
Except the Alphas are taught by Tera to transform into what they imagine werewolves to look like. Conversely, since she uses the same technique, she transforms into what she imagines humans look like. Her palette, as it were, aren't limited to naturalistic wolf tones.
My Theory Emporium

Eldest Gruff: Based on what
raidem: TEXT, go find it yourself.

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 12, 2015, 03:44:00 PM »
I don't know if this got mentioned for the soundtrack, but with a line like, "if a house gets in my way, you know I'll burn it down", no Dresden film would be complete without Stranglehold by Ted Nugent.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 14, 2015, 10:29:56 AM »
She is, as far as the text is concerned, a wolf. Her implied race from the book is the least important thing to get right.

That said, I would shoot for a Native actress, since most of the popular theories have her as a Coyote scion.

But her description isn't consistent with being pale-skinned, blond and blue-eyed.  She was dark-skinned, had dark brown-grey hair, and--IIRC--brown eyes (actually said amber eyes that could just barely qualify as brown--i.e. wolf eyes).  And when I suggested Will Smith for Harry's role, the village mob got out the torches and pitchforks--despite the fact JB himself has made the same suggestion...

But as for Coyote, while wolves and coyotes do hybridize, it's primarily due to the wholesale elimination of the former.  I think there are wolf-spirit entities that would probably be closer to the role you've suggested, and they occur in Celtic as well as North American Native tradition.  Since allegedly St. Patrick was the one who cursed Harley MacFinn's ancestor (and I think 'Fitz' is a Celtic word), might be worth looking into.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:44:51 PM by Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad »
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 14, 2015, 02:43:39 PM »
Of course, if Jim gave that description in the book she should be portrayed by a dark skinned woman. I was only laughing at myself because I've reread FM at least 7 times and never changed my mental image of her. I even thought (wrongly) that the forums has told that she was a ginger and it didn't affect my mind either.
Missing you, Md 

Offline dcinti

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 15, 2015, 01:08:59 AM »
I like your cast, except for Russell Crowe. I don't like him and Michael is one of my favorite characters, so no.
Don't like Russell. Who would you choose?

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 15, 2015, 02:31:09 AM »
I am not sure. One of my newest favorites is Jeff Faney-
Missing you, Md 

Offline dcinti

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 15, 2015, 03:52:19 PM »
I am not sure. One of my newest favorites is Jeff Faney-
Could work...

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 15, 2015, 04:03:02 PM »
I don't know if this got mentioned for the soundtrack, but with a line like, "if a house gets in my way, you know I'll burn it down", no Dresden film would be complete without Stranglehold by Ted Nugent.

I find pretty much anything and everything complete without hearing anything from or by Ted Nugent.