Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259482 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #495 on: February 17, 2015, 01:56:36 AM »
Peter Jackson, not Brian Jackson  :)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 20, 2015, 06:48:41 AM »
Peter Jackson, not Brian Jackson  :)

Ah.  Right.  I wonder who Brian Jackson is?
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 20, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »
Per Wikipedia either a 70's musician or an American Football player.  Either of those ring any bells?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline brighellac

• Conversationalist
  • Butters' next great quest
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 20, 2015, 02:05:11 PM »
How about Matthew perry of Friends fame for Harry if the DF ever went the episodic Game of Thrones route?  He was always able to take a beating

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 20, 2015, 02:39:42 PM »
How about Matthew perry of Friends fame for Harry if the DF ever went the episodic Game of Thrones route?  He was always able to take a beating
too spastic, not ever intimidating...
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline brighellac

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 21, 2015, 05:34:36 AM »
Harry can be a bit of a spaz, remember the lacuna interactions.  The intimidation factor you speak of is the main concern as well as being too identifiable with another character.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 21, 2015, 06:12:36 PM »
Harry can be a bit of a spaz, remember the lacuna interactions.  The intimidation factor you speak of is the main concern as well as being too identifiable with another character.
huh?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 21, 2015, 07:17:09 PM »
huh?
I think they're talking about the nearly nude conversation with Lacuna in the bedroom. Harry was nervous chattering.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 21, 2015, 07:45:36 PM »
Id be nervious if I found a barbie doll that had recently almost killed my standing there debating the philosphpic role of cloths, while also casually offering to peel open my skull...

Make no mistake: Lacuna is creepy as all hell, she just happens to be small enough that we naturally find her less threatening (foolish us  :P)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 21, 2015, 08:16:01 PM »
Mirror Mirror Dresden

Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 21, 2015, 09:09:30 PM »
I'm in favor of casting with an eye on age. If done as a series, over time the actors/actresses will get older and eventually even makeup can't fake it.

I like the idea of watching the actors grow older along with the characters. Something they did well in the Harry Potter series.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline brighellac

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 22, 2015, 02:08:59 PM »
I'm in favor of casting with an eye on age. If done as a series, over time the actors/actresses will get older and eventually even makeup can't fake it.

I like the idea of watching the actors grow older along with the characters. Something they did well in the Harry Potter series.

It's a problem.  The age range for the characters is fifteen plus years

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 22, 2015, 06:09:54 PM »
It's a problem.  The age range for the characters is fifteen plus years

It's easier to make a person look older with makeup then to make them look younger.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 23, 2015, 01:50:05 PM »
It's also a problem in that they would need to age differently.  For example: Older wizards would need to be static, Carpenter kids would need to change far more with far less screen time.  Harry would need to eventually start looking like the older brother, something he's even remarked on in the books.  The alpha's start as pudgy college nerds and become fitness model looking, across the board.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 23, 2015, 11:41:38 PM »
It's also a problem in that they would need to age differently.  For example: Older wizards would need to be static, Carpenter kids would need to change far more with far less screen time.  Harry would need to eventually start looking like the older brother, something he's even remarked on in the books.  The alpha's start as pudgy college nerds and become fitness model looking, across the board.

Especially with children, it's easier to do with age appropriate actors than using older actors. Its' not easy to cast like that, but if it can be done it would be best for the series overall. IMHO
War Cry -