Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259865 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #390 on: October 09, 2014, 01:57:05 PM »
Yep, she is younger than I imagine her too, but I've been thinking I was wrong in imagining her older. I am sure glamout makes fae look always young.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 09, 2014, 02:15:58 PM »
Yep, she is younger than I imagine her too, but I've been thinking I was wrong in imagining her older. I am sure glamour makes fae look always young.
That actually why I think the series (should it ever happen) might want to plan on a re-caste.  Lea was very different pre and post Cure, and I find myself picturing the later, crazier one as younger, whereas the early Lea was a slightly more mature Godmotherly type.  Most of that is Harry's perspective changing her from a childhood nightmare to more or less another damn Fae to have to deal with, but something more of an equal.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Gigglestomp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 14, 2014, 06:49:44 PM »
That actually why I think the series (should it ever happen) might want to plan on a re-caste.  Lea was very different pre and post Cure, and I find myself picturing the later, crazier one as younger, whereas the early Lea was a slightly more mature Godmotherly type.  Most of that is Harry's perspective changing her from a childhood nightmare to more or less another damn Fae to have to deal with, but something more of an equal.

I dunno. To me it almost seemed exactly backwards from that. I always pictured the original Lea as super energetic, mood swingy, young, and beautiful. She always seemed to have an agenda, and she didn't always seem to have Harry best interest in mind (Because his Bargain).

Later on though, she seemed more godmotherly to me. After her debt with Harry was finished, she only had his mother's bargain left to protect him. She became very godmotherly, and very helpful. More helpful even than I think the old Lea ever let herself be. (Not including Changes when she was allowed to indulge).

And as time passes, Harry really seems to warm up to her. He hated her for a long time, but he begins to respect her and her advice. When Mab imprisoned Lea Harry got pretty stubbornly defensive about it (She was a b**** but she was MY Godmother). He gets mad about the way she trained Molly, *But* he acknolwdges a lot of her reasons for doing so. (I.E. she hadn't learned she needed to work with more than illusions.)

My ideal Lea would be a young redhead, that could gracefully age into a middle-age redhead by the end of the series. While the fae don't age, they tend to look how they want. As time moves on, she seemed to fit more into the "Godmother with Godsons best interest in mind" category.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:58:46 PM by Gigglestomp »

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #393 on: October 23, 2014, 02:27:56 PM »
Have I or anyone else ever mentioned Felicia Day? I really want to see her as one of the Alphas. Georgia or Marcy, I think. (I'd also suggest Andi, especially since she has the red hair for it, but Harry and even Murphy have brought up her body type soooo maaaany tiiiiimes in all the books and stories, and Felicia doesn't have it. *shrug*)

Come to think of it, Christina Hendricks could play Andi, then. Kinda perfectly. Anyway, here's Felicia Day:

(click to show/hide)
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 23, 2014, 04:35:14 PM »
The issue with Felicia is age.  If a live action series or movie franchise were to start at the beginning, Felicia would be too old for any of the Alphas, or most other characters for that matter.  I'd like to see her as a Fae, perhaps. 

My current fixation is on Karlie Kloss as Gard, or if not her, someone else.  She's a model, so I'm not sure about her acting ability, if there is any.  But she's got the sharp cheekbones I associate with the Fae in my head, the height to pull of Gard or someone (she's 6'1"), and she's pretty enough that a little make-up and special effects could easily give her an ethereal beauty.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 24, 2014, 01:03:30 PM »
Oh, and while I'm at it, why not cast Cara Delevinge as Maeve. She's apparently getting into acting, as she's been cast as a female lead in a new YA movie.

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 24, 2014, 02:05:59 PM »
Oh, and while I'm at it, why not cast Cara Delevinge as Maeve. She's apparently getting into acting, as she's been cast as a female lead in a new YA movie.

I think she looks the part well enough.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 24, 2014, 08:59:33 PM »
"YA"?  Look, it's bad enough we have to remember all the abbreviations associated with the books, but figuring them out for the rest of the wide world of entertainment is asking a bit much.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 24, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »
Young adults, very much used in all the entertaining news around.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #399 on: October 25, 2014, 07:28:29 AM »
"YA"?  Look, it's bad enough we have to remember all the abbreviations associated with the books, but figuring them out for the rest of the wide world of entertainment is asking a bit much.

YA's been around since I was a YA, at least, MLC. In a place no less venerable than the library. Careful, you're starting to sound crotchety... ;)
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 26, 2014, 03:24:13 AM »
YA's been around since I was a YA, at least, MLC. In a place no less venerable than the library. Careful, you're starting to sound crotchety... ;)
The problem with initials is that they can be so many things.  At least when it's confined to the Dresden Files, if I think about it for a while, I'll get there sooner or later.  When you do it with the whole world as possibles, it's too much.  When I first read it, I thought, "what the hell do the Young Avengers have to do with this?"  I knew that had to be wrong, so I asked.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline Kenneth42

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 05, 2014, 07:31:01 PM »
I have a few contributions I don't think have been mentioned, but I have only read through the first 8 pages, so I apologize if I am stepping on anyone's toes, just think of this as seconding your nominations if such is the case.

Marcone - Ray Stevenson - any Dexter fans might be inclined to agree.
Andy - Alexandra Daddario - Google
Nicodemus - Gabriel Byrne or Mads Mikkelson - someone has to have said this...
Sanya - Quentin "Rampage" Jackson - I see Sanya as a mostly happy character
Charity - Gina Carano - Could forge armor with a hammer, too short for Gard.
Liver Spots - Kelsey Grammer - he can play it cool in book 5 and really ham it up for book 7
Red King - Mel Gibson
Butters - Robert Picardo - might be getting up there in age though
Michael - Craig Bierko - I can think of a few older actors that might be better, but I think he would do a great job and is close enough in the age range
Mavra - Helena Bonham Carter - She dirties up perfectly for the role
Steed - Tom Hiddleston - come on, he's perfect for it
Grevane - Sean Bean - Because it's an awesome role and he dies at the end.
Alicia/Luccio - Nina Dobrev - I just think she fits
Paolo Ortega - Josh Hartnett - Close enough in looks and would pull it off really well.
Kincaid - Christian Slater - I just think he would be perfect for someone Harry hates but the audience loves
Gard - Kristanna Lokken - fits the build and can act the role
Bianca - Vanessa Marcil - that's who I picture in my head almost exactly
Murphy - Alice Eve - would fit pretty perfectly
Sarissa - Laura Vandervoort - especially perfect since I agree with Charlize Theron as Mab.

That's far from a full list because a lot of the others that are notably left off I happen to agree with.

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #402 on: November 05, 2014, 09:11:46 PM »
I'll have to look a bunch of these people up when it's not so close to bedtime, but I wanted to point out these two as real "OooOOOoooh!" moments. Nice thoughts!

Steed - Tom Hiddleston - come on, he's perfect for it

Only thing is that Tom Hiddleston is already dreamcast in my mind as Thomas. But if he weren't, then yes. Or how about Benedict Cumberbatch for Steed?

JB, TC

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 05, 2014, 11:13:50 PM »
I searched for several and I approve some, which I quote here

Charity - Gina Carano - Could forge armor with a hammer, too short for Gard.
Liver Spots - Kelsey Grammer - he can play it cool in book 5 and really ham it up for book 7
Red King - Mel Gibson
Michael - Craig Bierko - MAYBE
Grevane - Sean Bean - Because it's an awesome role and he dies at the end.
Alicia/Luccio - Nina Dobrev - I just think she fits
Gard - Kristanna Lokken - fits the build and can act the role
Bianca - Vanessa Marcil - that's who I picture in my head almost exactly
Sarissa - Laura Vandervoort - especially perfect since I agree with Charlize Theron as Mab.
Missing you, Md 

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #404 on: November 06, 2014, 11:07:27 PM »
Right guys, I found my perfect Dresden at a talk tonight here in Berlin. Ari Shapiro, NPR's international correspondent based in London. He looks young enough to start at Storm Front, even though he's 36.

He's just a tad too pretty, so he might have to be Thomas instead. What do you all think?

Not that he acts, but... check him out!

(click to show/hide)

JB, TC