Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259866 times)

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #285 on: July 12, 2014, 02:21:03 AM »
Bah, Tony Hale is 6'1.  He's not tall.  Tall enough, maybe, but not tall.  And he's 43 now, meaning he'd be nearly 20 years older than Harry in SF.

If I want tall, skinny, gangly geek, Zachary Levi is my pick.  At 6'4", he's close to Dresden's height, he's skinny as a rail, and he does geek very well.  At 33, with two books a year, he'd be around 43-44 when the series completed.

OMG.  I never wanted Zac Levi as Harry, but now I do. 
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline phelps

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 12, 2014, 03:58:52 PM »
My brilliant husband just came up with the most amazing casting choice for Marcone.  Dolph freakin' Lundgren!

Dolph is a contender for my Vaderung.  He's competing with Rutger Hauer (who is also a contender for Morgan in my mind.)

Offline WiredKamikaze

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 13, 2014, 02:06:59 AM »
I always saw Jon Hamm as Marcone

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #288 on: July 14, 2014, 11:09:21 AM »
Right, stop me if you've heard this one before: Chris Hemsworth for Kincaid (or maybe some Monoc/Einherjar part). I only saw the first Thor and didn't exactly fall for his acting, but in looks? That's one hell of a Hellhound. :-*

Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2014, 02:04:26 PM »
Bah, Tony Hale is 6'1.  He's not tall.  Tall enough, maybe, but not tall.  And he's 43 now, meaning he'd be nearly 20 years older than Harry in SF.

If I want tall, skinny, gangly geek, Zachary Levi is my pick.  At 6'4", he's close to Dresden's height, he's skinny as a rail, and he does geek very well.  At 33, with two books a year, he'd be around 43-44 when the series completed.

I'd go for this and along with that, I think Eric Balfour as Thomas. I think they look enough alike to pull it off.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 14, 2014, 02:42:09 PM »
     I like Phyllida Law for a pre-Corpsetaker Anastasia Luccio and Lynn Collins for post-Corpsetaker Luccio.

:) :) :)
wasn't post-ct Luccio supposed to be a college co-ed?

Offline Seriphina

• Posty McPostington
  • Mouse in the House
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2014, 10:49:56 PM »
I like Helen Mirren for pre-Luccio.

Offline etothepii

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2014, 11:14:14 PM »
I think Ellen Page would make a good Molly
Vajazzled

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 14, 2014, 11:26:45 PM »
I think we should have a 2014 Casting Challenge, where we try and cast the show using actors and actresses that are the right age for a new show that starts filming in 2015.  Starting with STORM FRONT, cast with Harry in his mid-twenties, Susan about the same, Murphy in her late twenties or early thirties, Michael old enough to have a a 12yo eldest daughter, Lea young enough to grow into her role without appearing to age over 10 years (so probably in her twenties, but looking worldly), etc, etc.

It seems hard.  I've been looking for a good ~25yo actor for SF Harry, and I just haven't found one that's even remotely tall enough.  It seems like a lot of actors these days are either well beneath 6', or big and beefy and playing Thor in in the movies.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 15, 2014, 05:30:36 AM »
Blackstaff:  W. Morgan Sheppard

Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 16, 2014, 02:25:34 AM »
I`ve always pictured Sarah Michelle Gellar as Murphy.  I know it's typecasting but there it is. 
Harry has always been a young Jeff Goldblum. 
Charity has always been played by Jeri Ryan in my head and Michael looks like Eric Dane, which is interesting because that was true before I ever saw a picture of Dane.
Marcone has always been a young Michael Corleone (Al Pacino).
The problem is that with the exception of Dane and possibly Gellar,  none of them are viable for casting.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 16, 2014, 05:33:55 AM »

Adrian Paul as Marcone
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #297 on: July 16, 2014, 10:12:49 AM »
Blackstaff:  W. Morgan Sheppard

Very nice!

The World Cup got to me and I started casting the German team as Dresden guys.

Mats Hummels could be Harry - he's 6 foot 3...

And Manuel Neuer just has to be somebody. A Whampire or an Einherjar or someone. What a cutie. (also, funny enough, reminds me of my husband. guess I chose well. ;))

I have no clue how much English they speak! But... they just wormed their way into my head, what with watching them for so long. ;)
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #298 on: July 16, 2014, 04:07:36 PM »
If we're doing sports players, Adam Wainwright often stars as my mental Dresden.  Possibly just because the guy is 6'7".  The one on the right.

(click to show/hide)
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 16, 2014, 08:20:36 PM »
I could see Neuer as Madrigal.
I would like a role for Cillessen. perhaps Daniel Carpenter or a fae.

Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)