Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259862 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2014, 05:32:32 PM »
LOL, those two are great together. If we wouldn't mind the exact physical description, they are perfect (she is tiny even).
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Random73

• Lurker
  • Luck is probability taken personally. -Tom Katers
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2014, 10:06:40 PM »
I was stuck on DJ Squalls for Butters for the longest time.  But given the recent developments with Butters, I could see TJ Thyne beings a pretty good step up for him.

huh.  Butters has always been Tony Shalhoub in my head. 

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2014, 11:12:47 PM »
huh.  Butters has always been Tony Shalhoub in my head.

Huh.  I've always considered the role for Paul Giamatti--he's not precisely how I picture Butters, but he came the closest, until now.  I might have to go with Tony Shaloub.  Only thing is that I've always seen Butters as having a rounder, fuller face (more so than Shaloub)...
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2014, 12:26:07 PM »
Huh, thats strange to me.  In my head butters has always been younger than either of those, and a bone skinny nerdy sort
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2014, 01:20:59 PM »
^ this
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2014, 02:49:52 PM »
Huh, thats strange to me.  In my head butters has always been younger than either of those, and a bone skinny nerdy sort

This too - at least on the size. Doesn't Harry refer to Butters as "the little" this-or-that a couple of times?

Tall dude like Harry, granted, everyone's a little bit little.

Age-wise, Butters was pegged as mid-forties in SG.

Also, I am coming over here to gloat my find for Maeve from the spoilers casting thread: Jena Malone.

(click to show/hide)
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2014, 02:56:05 PM »
This too - at least on the size. Doesn't Harry refer to Butters as "the little" this-or-that a couple of times?

Tall dude like Harry, granted, everyone's a little bit little.

Age-wise, Butters was pegged as mid-forties in SG.

Also, I am coming over here to gloat my find for Maeve from the spoilers casting thread: Jena Malone.

(click to show/hide)
Agreed. Great Maeve
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2014, 05:01:16 PM »
     Paul Bettany could do a good Nicodemus (or Lord Raith). He has the natural look and the voice for either part.

Ooooooohhhhhhh.....I could definitely get onboard with Paul Bettany for Lord Raith.  Or maybe Nic.  But I'd definitely like to see him in there somewhere.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2014, 05:01:36 PM »
     Paul Bettany could do a good Nicodemus (or Lord Raith). He has the natural look and the voice for either part.

;) 8) ;)[/center]
I would be more than happy with him as Nicodemus, but he's not Pretty or ageless enough for Papa Raith, plus Id want him to resemble Thomas if at all possible, which in my mind means looking like Matt Bomer

For me this is Clan Wraith:

Thomas = Matt Bomer

Papa Wraith = Rob Lowe

Lara and Sisters = Mary-Louise Parker, Kate Beckinsale, and Anna Silk (not sure which for lara, but probably Beckinsale for the range of scary personality)

The Twins (Madrigal and Madeline) = Ian Summerhalder and Parker Posey

Inari = Ellen Page

EDIT:  Fixed the broken Mott Bomer pic
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:32:19 PM by Quantus »
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2014, 05:04:25 PM »
I like your Raith!
SG Spoiler:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 06:12:57 PM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2014, 05:28:44 PM »
I nominate Quantas as Raith family casting director if/when a TV show or movie are made.

I would be more than happy with him as Nicodemus, but he's not Pretty or ageless enough for Papa Raith, plus Id want him to resemble Thomas if at all possible, which in my mind means looking like Matt Bomer

For me this is Clan Wraith:

Thomas = Matt Bomer

Papa Wraith = Rob Lowe

Lara and Sisters = Mary-Louise Parker, Kate Beckinsale, and Anna Silk (not sure which for lara, but probably Beckinsale for the range of scary personality)

The Twins (Madrigal and Madeline) = Ian Summerhalder and Parker Posey

Inari = Ellen Page

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2014, 03:42:20 AM »

Yeah, I see him as skinny, and short.  But I see his face as "roundish"--maybe a little "jowly", but not in any kind of "obese" sense--picture a face shaped like Richard Nixon, but with a much narrower (non-ski slope) nose, less "scowly", more amiable expressions, hair comparable to Don King's but more black than gray and with a more receded hairline, and glasses.  That's Butters to me.  Paul Giamatti is the real-life actor that comes closest, as I said, be he still doesn't get it.  Not in the same sense as, say, I see Jack Black as perfect for Will Borden (have never pictured anyone else for the role).
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2014, 07:09:04 AM »
I nominate Quantas as Raith family casting director if/when a TV show or movie are made.

Seconded. Those are great, all of them.
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Mythcantor

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2014, 06:27:26 AM »
Since I binged through Veronica Mars, I've seen Kristen Bell as Karrin in my mind too. I third that nomination.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
“Hope is a force of nature. Don't let anyone tell you different.”
― Jim Butcher, Changes

“But you can't kill me, Lord Tyrant. I represent that one thing you've never been able to kill, no matter how hard you try. I am hope.”
― Brandon Sanderson, Mistborn: The Final Empire

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2014, 10:44:46 AM »
Since I binged through Veronica Mars, I've seen Kristen Bell as Karrin in my mind too. I third that nomination.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Okay, you've won me, too. AND the height's just right!

JB, TC