Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259864 times)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2014, 08:21:53 PM »
Griff, who is in the third picture?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2014, 08:51:54 PM »
Griff, who is in the third picture?
Hugh Jackman

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2014, 09:07:50 PM »
Sorry, I was not clear. Yes, I thought he was Hugh Jackman, but what character are you proposing him to play? Michael?
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2014, 09:13:53 PM »
Sorry, I was not clear. Yes, I thought he was Hugh Jackman, but what character are you proposing him to play? Michael?
Yes, Michael. I've always thought he's got the size for him.  Not to mention he can do a nice beard.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2014, 09:16:57 PM »
All right, I can see him.
And your signature picture is wonderful!
Missing you, Md 

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2014, 09:28:15 PM »
All right, I can see him.
And your signature picture is wonderful!
The window decal one?  It's old, and saw it was I was posting new pics to PB.  Decided to break out some of the old stuff.

And of course, everyone's Thomas from a while back.  I know not everyone liked him, but JB dropped his name once.

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2014, 09:31:30 PM »
He is Thomas. I can't see anyone else. He is the only one I am totally convinced. The rest, Charlize Theron is still my favorite Mab/Titania.

And yes, the window one. It's great, specially Molly's drawing.
Missing you, Md 

Offline EyeballKid

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2014, 03:46:30 AM »

Kristen Bell is just about getting to the perfect age to play Murphy. Oh damn, now I'll never picture anyone other than Kristen Bell as Murphy. This could do some serious damage to my future reading that results in endless giggle fits.

And just because I'm in a Buffy mood...

I think Alexis Denisof, using his "faint British accent", could be a really creepy Nicodemus:

And if not Nic, maybe Kincaid. Or somebody. Because Alexis Denisof is awesome.

Anthony Stewart Head would make an awesome, well, anybody really, but I think he'd be quite good for Vadderung or Langtry.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:57:01 AM by EyeballKid »

Offline Seriphina

• Posty McPostington
  • Mouse in the House
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2014, 05:59:22 AM »
A couple of characters that I think I've got spot on. I'm on my phone so I can't post pics, but goggle them if you aren't familiar with them.

Mac - Michael Chiklis
Sanya - Djimon Hounsou
Thomas - Ben Barnes
Justine - Amanda Seyfried
Lara - Kate Beckensale
Father Forthill - Hector Elizondo
Lea - Stana Katic
Butters - TJ Thyne
Charity - Julie Benz
Ramirez - John Huertas
Marva - HBC
Bianca - Morena Baccarin
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:15:46 AM by Seriphina »

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2014, 07:29:31 AM »
Kristen Bell is just about getting to the perfect age to play Murphy. Oh damn, now I'll never picture anyone other than Kristen Bell as Murphy. This could do some serious damage to my future reading that results in endless giggle fits.[/img]

Witcha on Kristen Bell as Murphy.  Perfect.  Maybe a little "aging" makeup, but not much.

But Kris Kristofferson is first pick for Vadderung.  Jeff Bridges second.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline EyeballKid

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2014, 05:52:56 PM »

Butters - TJ Thyne

Now THAT would be a great choice!

Witcha on Kristen Bell as Murphy.  Perfect.  Maybe a little "aging" makeup, but not much.

She's almost mid-30's, which would make her perfect for Murphy at the beginning of the series (especially considering everyone always plays a couple years younger on TV/film).

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2014, 10:29:50 PM »
Now THAT would be a great choice!

I agree.
Missing you, Md 

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2014, 01:04:47 PM »
I was stuck on DJ Squalls for Butters for the longest time.  But given the recent developments with Butters, I could see TJ Thyne beings a pretty good step up for him. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2014, 03:45:54 PM »
I posted this in the spoiler casting thread, but the more I think about it, the more I love it.

Murph:
(click to show/hide)

And my husband adds, if you're going to cast her as Murph, your Harry has already been chosen.

(click to show/hide)
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2014, 05:25:42 PM »
I posted this in the spoiler casting thread, but the more I think about it, the more I love it.

Murph:
(click to show/hide)

And my husband adds, if you're going to cast her as Murph, your Harry has already been chosen.

(click to show/hide)
I would be totally for it except for the obvious "It's been Done" objection.  The same reason, in fact, that I do NOT want Sarah Michelle Geller as Murphy. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain