Author Topic: For the guys at Evil Hat  (Read 1893 times)

Offline heathd666

• Participant
    • View Profile
For the guys at Evil Hat
« on: September 02, 2013, 11:43:19 AM »
had a quick question

do you guys plan on producing anymore casefiles? its been since september 2011 since the last one was released. i thought that with halloween coming in a couple of months and that being a special day in the dresdenverse, that mayby this year you guys would release a new casefiles. i know that you all have a very busy schedule with being a smaller company but im willing to bet that you guys have something you have waiting on the back burner, for just the right time, to release as a casefile. im sorry if this has already been discussed i went back a couple of pages on here but didnt find anything obviouse. if this has been talked about in your blog i didnt find it but i did not go back super far either. this seems like a great game but i havent seen much released for it lately. personally in my mind even a small company should produce small little stuff regurally. even if its not free it helps to keep a line alive other than what the diehard fans will buy usually. if this wasnt the correct place to ask i apologize i looked on evil hats website but couldnt find a place. anyhow thanks in advance for your time. 

sincerely
heath delashmit

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: For the guys at Evil Hat
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 11:47:34 AM »
They are working at something called "Paranet Papers", which from the previews seems to be both expanding the setting a bit in the form of letters from various Paranetters around the Dresdenverse; aswell as updating the setting to the post-changes world. I'm unsure exactly where in the current book timeline these Paranet Papers will be, but the previews feels like they are at least between Changes and Cold Days.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 03:36:19 AM »
I doubt there'll be another casefile. Those things cost money.

If you want confirmation, though, you should probably contact Evil Hat directly. They don't hang around this forum much.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 03:46:52 PM »
They are working at something called "Paranet Papers", which from the previews seems to be both expanding the setting a bit in the form of letters from various Paranetters around the Dresdenverse; aswell as updating the setting to the post-changes world. I'm unsure exactly where in the current book timeline these Paranet Papers will be, but the previews feels like they are at least between Changes and Cold Days.

Remember the wait of Dresden? Now triple that.
Evil Hat has Fate Core, Fate Dice and a bunch of other projects (Atomic Robo*) AND they are going to do a Dresden Files Fate Core.
So....after the Paranet papers, I think anything Dresden Fate will have to come from the community because they will be putting effort elsewhere.

*Which just seems to be Fate Core with a few things I like and a lot I don't

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 01:28:16 AM »
"[Paranet Papers is] in preliminary layout, then will see a few months of art acquisition before it can go to print."-Evil Hat's response on their FB page, 8-10-13.

Offline heathd666

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 10:31:55 AM »
thats unfortunate that there probably will not be much more stuff released before paranet. the setting and books were very interesting. even if the casefiles cost a dollar or even five i would prolly buy them just becouse i am lazy and i want something already put together were all i do is sit down read throught it once or twice and i can play it at gamedays at  a local shop or conventions etc. i tried running neutral grounds at a gameday a couple months ago and everyone at the table had already played in it a couple of times at different cons.

sincerely
heath delashmit

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 01:09:03 PM »
thats unfortunate that there probably will not be much more stuff released before paranet. the setting and books were very interesting. even if the casefiles cost a dollar or even five i would prolly buy them just becouse i am lazy and i want something already put together were all i do is sit down read throught it once or twice and i can play it at gamedays at  a local shop or conventions etc. i tried running neutral grounds at a gameday a couple months ago and everyone at the table had already played in it a couple of times at different cons.

sincerely
heath delashmit

You gotta run your own, teach a man to fish and all that.

Here's an easy one that kinda "fits"

Start everyone at stupid low refresh and skill points.
So 3 Refresh 10-15 Skill points.
So everyone is basically human (and get +2 refresh)
Awesome, so do character creation really quick, reduce the number of aspects down to Five (Because 7 is stupid)
Now, bam, there's been a series of murders in (whatever town you're in).
Blah blah blah
it's a Black Court Vampire.
And, done.

Offline Todjaeger

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Alpha Burn Playtester
    • View Profile
    • Butchered New Haven campaign site
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 07:08:53 AM »

sincerely
heath delashmit

There are a few free ones that other fans have already written.

Headless Horseman]http://www.epicwords.com/attachments/4675]Headless Horseman
Sleepy Hollow]http://www.epicwords.com/attachments/4777]Sleepy Hollow
Pizza Fight]http://www.epicwords.com/attachments/4471]Pizza Fight

Also there are a few more which due to time constraints haven't been polished off in terms of writing, editing and upload.  If you can give me an idea of what you're looking for in terms of power level, I can see what's available.

-Cheers

PS There had been some talk at one point of Evil Hat being able to/having the license for, additional For Sale case files.  I don't know if that's still the case or whether that's something Evil Hat is still looking to do for the future, I don't know.  As others have mentioned they already have a number of projects underway.  IIRC though they are planning a Fate Accelerated version of Dresden, and not a Fate Core version.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:11:39 AM by Todjaeger »
Kill the Child, Doom the World...  Or is it, Kill the Child, Save the World?

Dresden Files Purity test: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

My results: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity-result.html?55:70:18:23:6:6:17:26:11:27:11:37:14:41:20:28:3:5: