Author Topic: Jim's Dragon*Con 2013 Schedule  (Read 10327 times)

Offline jeditigger

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Jim's Dragon*Con 2013 Schedule
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 02:05:38 AM »
He had jeditigger acting as Gatekeeper, handing him the two books or items to be signed.

Every now and again we'd let three slide past, but Jim's goal is to say hi to as many people as possible, and he can't do that if some schmuck brings up 10 books. No way would I, or anyone else guarding him, let that happen.

You guys were amazing, by the way. So friendly, so patient. I am always impressed by the caliber of people Jim's writing attracts.
@jeditigger on Twitter
Quote from: Spot
BatPooh! You shall be known as BatPooh now. Yup.

Offline ThriceISay

• Conversationalist
  • "Finish that sentence, Raith, and we throw down."
    • View Profile
    • Tower of Turtles Productions
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 01:59:07 PM »
Best. Answer. Ever. Of course, I'm WAY more Rue than Katniss so I'd be SO dead. 'Cellie would probably be the one decorating me in flowers.

No, wait, I like the Rue metaphor, but from earlier on ;-) POOF, you're right there going "shhh," with a handful of Everything You Need, then THIS WAY! and instant Perfect Hiding Spot, then soft smile and point behind you, there you go, Exactly What You Were Looking For. Ta-dahhh.
"It doesn't really translate into Martian." - Aftermath

Offline jeditigger

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 05:23:14 PM »
No, wait, I like the Rue metaphor, but from earlier on ;-) POOF, you're right there going "shhh," with a handful of Everything You Need, then THIS WAY! and instant Perfect Hiding Spot, then soft smile and point behind you, there you go, Exactly What You Were Looking For. Ta-dahhh.

Well, people aren't there to see ME. My goal was to be as unobtrusive as possible and let you guys - you wonderful people who stood hours in line to meet Jim - do your thing and have your time with him.

But I like the metaphor your way, so thank you for the kind words.
@jeditigger on Twitter

Offline MetalFae

• Posty McPostington
  • ~Tiny, but fierce!~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 07:12:07 PM »
Every now and again we'd let three slide past, but Jim's goal is to say hi to as many people as possible, and he can't do that if some schmuck brings up 10 books. No way would I, or anyone else guarding him, let that happen.

You guys were amazing, by the way. So friendly, so patient. I am always impressed by the caliber of people Jim's writing attracts.

Aw shucks... no my dear, YOU'RE amazing! Lol :D

Waiting in line was no problem too. Just chatting Dresden verse stuff and also telling everyone about the forums was an awesome way to pass time :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:35:52 AM by MetalFae »
MF you  should stop shoving things in peoples mouths. I'm feeling left out. :(
Oh really? Huh. Well this is awkward.

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 03:06:31 PM »
You managed to take a pretty good photo with my phone, too. Thanks!  :)
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline jeditigger

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 07:20:09 PM »
You managed to take a pretty good photo with my phone, too. Thanks!  :)

Shocking! Are you sure it was me? I basically just made sure the pics came out and returned the cameras. :)
@jeditigger on Twitter