Author Topic: My DFRPG Fate Tokens  (Read 2273 times)

Offline HeadWound

• Participant
    • View Profile
My DFRPG Fate Tokens
« on: April 28, 2013, 12:50:05 AM »
I made some Fate tokens using the circles in the resource forum, sticker printer paper and poker chips, they work pretty well. What do you guys use? I need a good punch to make the sticker cut a little cleaner, though.

Offline Troy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: My DFRPG Fate Tokens
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 02:46:29 AM »
Those are awesome!

I think about using these... inspired while cleaning out my daughters' aquarium.

Ragnarok:NYC
Come play a game in the Dresdenverse with us!
Find us on Skype! Contact LongLostTroy

Offline OwleIsohos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 02:52:04 AM »
Those are awesome looking!  :D

My group just uses plain old poker chips...I always grab the white ones because my character is affiliated with the White Court. :)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 03:57:27 AM »
Very cool.

Offline Ulfgeir

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 04:17:46 PM »
We use glass beads, similar to the aquarium ones. Though I believe ours are mostly blue, and some red ones as well.

/Ulfgeir
I have not lost my mind, it is backed up somewhere on disc...

Offline Crion

• Conversationalist
  • "Don't. Mess. With. Librarians."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 02:05:31 AM »
Those are pretty awesome, honestly.

I started off with poker chips, but then I printed out cards from the Resources board that have explanations as to what you can do with Fate Points. They were a bigger hit with my group, honestly.

If you could have the symbols on one side and a note about what can be done with it in a readable font, you'd make a believer out of me!

--Crion
"Smilies exist because no one has bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic
"I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family." Harry Dresden

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 08:38:47 AM »
Funny you should mention the cards. The link to the corrected version of them has been dead for a while, but I contacted the creator (Bubba Amon Hotep) and got the files from him yesterday.

The jpg version is here and the pdf version is here.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:22:48 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline cold_breaker

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 02:00:41 PM »
I got a big bag of aquarium beads too - they're perfect because they can easily be flicked across the table to players and aren't going to be bent, water damaged or lost easily. They also fit nicely into a dice bag. Cards might make a good intro, but beads seem the way to go in the long run.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
Funny you should mention the cards. The link to the corrected version of them has been dead for a while, but I contacted the creator (Bubba Amon Hotep) and got the files from him yesterday.

The jpg version is here and the pdf version is here.

The PDF link produces an error.

Offline HeadWound

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 11:47:28 PM »

If you could have the symbols on one side and a note about what can be done with it in a readable font, you'd make a believer out of me!

--Crion

There may be enough space for the info on the chip, but my group keeps the 2 page reference sheets with them(well they used to) so the have a decent idea of what to use fate points for. I just wanted to get a thematic representation. I have the printer paper and plenty of poker chips, so for any fate game that we plan on running for any length of time, I'll be making some more thematic chips.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 02:22:05 AM »
The PDF link produces an error.

Turns out I accidentally linked to a page that only I am allowed to access. So it worked when I tested it, despite being a bad link.

Fixing that now.

Thanks for letting me know.