Author Topic: Locked Within - free on Kindle  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
    • Paul Anthony Shortt's Blog
Locked Within - free on Kindle
« on: April 12, 2013, 01:45:02 PM »
My first book, Locked Within, is available for free on Kindle for a limited time. With the sequel, Silent Oath, coming out this year, it's the perfect time to get into the series.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
Re: Locked Within - free on Kindle
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 01:49:38 AM »
My first book, Locked Within, is available for free on Kindle for a limited time. With the sequel, Silent Oath, coming out this year, it's the perfect time to get into the series.

Picked it up and will read it as and when I have time.  But congradulations on your second book!

I just added a novella I co-authored with my brother who took the lead on it.

the Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 05:56:58 AM »
Thanks!

I'll add your work to my list, too. I also have a long reading list to get through (problem with this published author gig is you meet so many great authors and want to read them all!), and I'm not the fastest reader, either.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 10:44:00 AM »
Thanks!

I'll add your work to my list, too. I also have a long reading list to get through (problem with this published author gig is you meet so many great authors and want to read them all!), and I'm not the fastest reader, either.

I've got two free promos on there right now.  One is set to run only one day, its a prequel companion novel following one of the main secondary characters and just got put up.  Its set only to run for today the 16th.  So catch it for free if you can.

My other book Admiral Who? the first book in my series is also on a five day promo.  Ending friday or saturday.

I'd pick them both up for  your kindle since they're free and read them whenever.

the deposed king

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 04:07:37 PM »
Will do  :)

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 02:05:07 AM »
Will do  :)

Hey I've a question.  What kind of royalty percentage do you get going through a publisher?  Inquiring minds want to know. hehehehe

The Deposed King

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 06:23:38 AM »
My publisher gives me 10% on the list price of paperback sales (so I get the same amount even if a seller puts it on discount),  and that percentage will go up as sales increase, to a maximum of 12%.

For Kindle sales, I get 50% of the net, although I believe most publishers, especially the Big 6, aren't offering nearly that much.