Author Topic: Organizing an DF RPG Online Game  (Read 6919 times)

Offline Conor

• Participant
  • Never say "No" when you can say "Yes and".
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Sandbox
Re: Organizing an DF RPG Online Game
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
Hey folks,
Thanks for all your posts so far, cold_breaker, thanks for the thoughts, sounds like you're speaking from a lot of experience.

Our forums are now up, you can register and post there if you're interested in getting involved!

We're interested in finding some GMs to volunteer on the site, if that sounds like your cup of tea you could email me or post here or whatever you like.

Offline Brokentusk

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 06:46:26 AM »
Our group use to use AIM chat but then we found www.Roll20.net and its been working pretty well for us. I'm not the DM but he says the maps are easy to upload, and the tokens are easy to manipulate.

Offline Conor

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Sandbox
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 03:01:49 PM »
Thanks everyone who's recommending roll20, it seems like a great site.
JeffV is building everything we need though, what we're really interested in is inviting players and GMs to come over and be part of the game.

Offline LMage

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2013, 03:36:37 AM »
I might be interested in joining as a player- since it looks like my current Roll20 game is destined for disbandment.

How exactly would this work, in terms of specifics?

Offline Troy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2013, 11:04:59 AM »
Check this out! :)

http://ragnarok.gamingsandbox.com/dice -- A dice roller. It's a mock up, but it's pretty. I'm especially proud of it since it was an idea that I pitched to the site developer.

http://www.ragnarok.gamingsandbox.com/forum/ -- The forums are up and running. You can register and then post questions, comments, ideas etc. Everyone's brainstorming a little bit of everything. I think if you look at the forums, you'll get a better idea of how the game's going to work. Right now we're working on City Creation.

http://www.ragnarok.gamingsandbox.com/welcome/sheet -- Another mock up, this time of the character sheet. This isn't functional, it's just there to give folks an idea of what's in store.

I hope people who are interested in playing Dresden Files RPG will come check us out, be intrigued, possibly impressed, by what they see, and join the game! :)
Ragnarok:NYC
Come play a game in the Dresdenverse with us!
Find us on Skype! Contact LongLostTroy

Offline 4thWorlder

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2013, 02:20:39 AM »
Woo-hoo! Heading towards Ragnarok (to check things out)!

Offline Conor

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Sandbox
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2013, 03:06:57 PM »
Woo-hoo! Heading towards Ragnarok (to check things out)!

Hey 4thWorlder, thanks for your contributions already, I love your NYC locations post. Appreciate you coming over!

LMage, I'm sorry I missed your post at the time, I hope Troy's response was helpful.

If you want to ask any questions about how joining the game works feel free to drop me an email to conor at gamingsandbox dot com or click the email link here, or drop by the site and jump on the forums.

We haven't got to the point where we're putting any characters in play yet but people are on the forums talking out character ideas, putting together some hooks etc.

Offline PatchR

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2013, 10:18:41 PM »
Yes, please, anyone interested in GMing, please let Conor, Troy, Jeff, or I know or go here for the application:

http://www.ragnarok.gamingsandbox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46
Administrator of Ragnorak NYC

Plays: Darius Caffrey

Offline lowellwashere

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2013, 12:49:17 AM »
are you all still looking for people/ if not can i read in on the progress thus far?

Offline PatchR

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2013, 02:24:11 AM »
WE are looking for Players and GMs both! Follow the link in Jeff, Conor, or Troy or my signatures to the website.
Administrator of Ragnorak NYC

Plays: Darius Caffrey

Offline Conor

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Sandbox
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2013, 05:02:16 PM »
are you all still looking for people/ if not can i read in on the progress thus far?

Hey Lowellwashere, I'll echo what Patch said and say you're very welcome to come over and get involved, either as player or by applying to GM!

Either way, look forward to seeing you over there, thanks for asking about it.