Author Topic: Most Interesting Reasons for Powers  (Read 4768 times)

Offline FaerieGodfather

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Most Interesting Reasons for Powers
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 05:25:05 AM »
Got a backup character. Homunculus with a human soul, bound to the spirits of a Metal elemental and a Spirit of Knowledge. So that the warlock who created him could use the Internet without hexing his equipment-- Supernatural Senses (radio, EM, and infrared), a custom Technological Interface power, Inhuman Speed (combination of reaction time and efficient movement), and the ability to take the Spirit of the Century Stunts Walking Library and Gift of Tongues as powers.

Offline Todjaeger

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Alpha Burn Playtester
    • View Profile
    • Butchered New Haven campaign site
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 04:54:34 AM »
Perhaps the most interesting character I've come across is a young, ten year old Icelandic boy who is a wendol, being able to borrow (or steal) the powers of others by consuming their flesh if living, or absorbing part of their spirit if dead.

-Cheers
Kill the Child, Doom the World...  Or is it, Kill the Child, Save the World?

Dresden Files Purity test: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

My results: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity-result.html?55:70:18:23:6:6:17:26:11:27:11:37:14:41:20:28:3:5:

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 08:31:39 AM »
I've come up with a Muslim holy man who is basically a spiritual heir to Luqman (google him if you want details). So this guy has supernatural senses out the wazoo, with Soulfire to play with, to boot. Not to mention his cane focus also works as a weapon he wields at Superb. He makes Denarians crap their pants. And he never raises his voice.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 10:20:07 AM »
Bitten by a radioactive wizard.

Sent from a part of the nevernever which was imploding on itself by concerned parents.

Money (although this is clearly a ripoff of Marcone).

Offline PatchR

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 02:19:40 AM »
There is a character in my game who has been sharing brainspace with a spirit of justice from the Nevernever (sort of like Lasciel). Part of his back story was that he was captured and turned by the Red Court. The spirit intervened and prevented him from changing, which unfortunately resulted in her spirit being permanently bonded to his soul. The end result was that he has physical abilities similar to that of a vampire but that are mostly dependent on the spirit's nature (as in he will begin loosing his powers if he indulges in revenge or shows mercy).
Sounds more like Ghost Rider than Lasciel
Administrator of Ragnorak NYC

Plays: Darius Caffrey

Offline Keeindron

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 08:48:03 AM »
I'm currently creating the ex-Denarian nephilim son of a Denarian and her Fallen that was raised in the Downbelow. He has stealth-based abilities (Veil of Shadows, Glamours) and Marked By Power because of the powers of his angel parent.

God DAMN that sounds so Mary Sue when typed out!
He of the long wind late at night
He of the short of breath every other damn time

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 06:06:01 PM »
In my old campaign I had a few interesting characters.  One was a scion, a bastard child of a human and a Denarian.  She was raised by the Denarians as a kind of infiltration/black ops agent and was planted into the mortal mafia.  She also had an IoP dubbed a Hellfire Sword, which was made by the Denarians as a means to allow important non-Denarians the ability to fight against the Knights of the Cross and other supernatural opposition.

I had made a PC that ended up (unwillingly) bound to a sort of trickster demon named Whisper that only he can see and hear.  The binding granted him powers, but the demon was always following him around and generally making his life as miserable (and dangerous) as possible.

We also had a pure mortal who was essentially a supernatural black market arms dealer, which made him considerably wealthy.  He had a custom made magnum revolver and custom made ammo for dealing with various supernatural threats.  Like iron/steel bullets for the Sidhe, "ghost" bullets (bullets made with the same type of ghost dust Harry used in GP), bullets anointed in holy water and blessed by a priest, rubber bullets for non-lethal means, ect.  He also had a cache of powerful supernatural artifacts which was an easy justification for temporary powers.  It was also a convenient all-purpose story hook for me haha.