Author Topic: Wizard Nobility  (Read 3867 times)

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Nobility
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 08:10:20 PM »
+156?

Remember I'm intending to limit it to a single +12 bonus to the leader, not everybody. It was edited in after you pointed out that the wording was for each member not just the leader a few posts back.

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »
Remember I'm intending to limit it to a single +12 bonus to the leader, not everybody.

This power, yes.
But the acceptance of one power granting a +12 bonus is a signal that powers granting a +12 bonus are acceptable.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 08:23:55 PM »
I get that your argument is that it opens the door for other powers which are less restrictive and more abusive.

Now I'm asking what you would replace the portion of the power with that fills the same thematic roll of "working with the family = stronger rituals".

Offline Cadd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 08:34:02 PM »
Something to reduce the effect of any Backlash maybe? Or increasing effective available Lore for determining amount of Preparation needed?

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »
I get that your argument is that it opens the door for other powers which are less restrictive and more abusive.

Now I'm asking what you would replace the portion of the power with that fills the same thematic roll of "working with the family = stronger rituals".

No, my argument is that it opens the door to other powers which are exactly as restrictive and abusive as this one already is.

I'd start by capping it at +3.  That's plenty of value for something which bears an approximate cost of 1 refresh.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 06:03:58 PM »
That is true, but I wouldn't want to go lower than -3 so it still costs at least -1 refresh for the full on sorcerer or wizard family member.

I dont understand what you mean by this. No power that adds refresh can decrease it further than -1 but I dont know if thats what you mean.

Offline polkaneverdies

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 06:21:32 PM »
He is referring to the the +1/+1 discount  to sponsored magic if you already have evo and thaum. 

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 07:31:33 PM »
ah gotcha. You still cant reduce it to zero though right? It has to be at least -1

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 08:04:17 PM »
At which point it would just suck (comparatively; the absolutely is yet to be seen) for those most intended to benefit from it (wizards/sorcerers)
Slough

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 08:48:58 PM »
Not sure about that. There are a few on the custom powers list that are -2. I think they are for focused practitioners ussually but still.

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 11:05:31 PM »
The ones I'm aware of on the Custom list are limited to one of channeling or ritual, not both.
Slough