Author Topic: Relations between Summer Court and Black Court  (Read 14361 times)

Dr.FunLove

Re: Relations between Summer Court and Black Court
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2013, 08:56:22 PM »
Not a gripe so much as an observation regarding the continued discussion - no matter the tools available (like concessions) it seems that issue always circles back round to the GM. And I am glad it isn't my game...very, very glad...

Offline Jack B

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2013, 09:01:28 PM »
Not a gripe so much as an observation regarding the continued discussion - no matter the tools available (like concessions) it seems that issue always circles back round to the GM. And I am glad it isn't my game...very, very glad...

I don't know.  Apart from this particular incident it sounds like (s)he is a good gm.  The scope and creativity in the backstory make it sound like a very good game.

Dr.FunLove

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2013, 09:12:28 PM »
Not knowing the individual personally, it just sounds like they might be clinging a bit too much to their own creative vision. That's a toughy when it comes to role-playing in a group. I hope it works out for the best in the end - definitely interested in the outcome on this one.

Offline Mrmdubois

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2013, 09:30:26 PM »
I've done some GMing, it can be really hard to let story ideas go, but you know the old maxim, "Any plan will fall apart when it encounters the party."

Dr.FunLove

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2013, 09:34:10 PM »
Aye Mrmdubois, aye. I'll get on my soapbox for a sec again and say that communication of expectation around the group is key. Everyone will go home happier.

Magicpockets

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2013, 12:03:09 PM »
Alright people, yesterday's session happened, here's the update on the situation:
My character received a couple of visions via Cassandra's Tears (first time that happened since the campaign started!). They were:
-The Venatori cell leader gathering together with a couple of agents, and speaking about the need to exterminate all supernaturals, including vampires, fae, changelings and wizards. A person attempting to leave the meeting was shot.
-A gathering between the 5 leading Black Court Elders, including our Rukh. My character didn't get a good look at the other's faces (everyone was wearing a black robe). They were discussing a peace treaty to be presented to the White Council. Catherine was accused of making too many concessions.
-A scene with our werewolf and the Rukh making out. There seemed to be no sign of coercion.

Based on the new information, I made a declaration that my character intentionally lured the Umbrorum leader to the site, in order to stall the execution for the others to arrive. It's a major arsepull, but quite frankly, I was tired of all the infighting. We decided to take him hostage and use him as leverage to free the Rukh, who was still trapped and weakened. A fight ensued, revealing the Umbrorum as a Red Court Vampire, not just an infected (which we previously assumed). With the sun rising, he fled, and we overwhelmed the opposition. We brought the Rukh back to her home, where we brought her up to speed on the situation (after she fed). My character deduced that her human guise was some kind of flesh mask. We went back to Alcatraz, and searched some of their leftovers, which we used for a tracking spell. We found the new hideout, and that's where we stopped with the session.

All in all, it turned out ok, I guess. Not quite happy about it (it's an almost 180° turn in my character's personality), but at least it goes on.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2013, 01:10:28 PM »
:P

Could you mention to the GM that it was really not in your characters personality?  Maybe there's something else going on that could be worked out?  Hope you got some FP's out of it.

Offline Lavecki121

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2013, 01:55:12 PM »
I wonder what he would have done if you didn't have that power. Also it does seem like a cop out to make your character agree

Dr.FunLove

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2013, 05:43:23 PM »
Seems to me it worked out as well as it could given the messy set-up. The real "bad-guy" was revealed and everyone went home mostly happy. I do think you should probably be compensated for the entire situation in-game Magicpockets - maybe a few Fate points or such.

Magicpockets

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2013, 05:53:54 PM »
Well, I had to spend 2 Fate points to get the visions (one for each person it related to), because the DM said he wouldn't be giving me Fate points for what he considered an advantage for my character. Therefore, the encounter cost me a total of three FP (one for the Retcon, two for Cassandra's tears).

Offline blackstaff67

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2013, 05:55:33 PM »
Alright people, yesterday's session happened, here's the update on the situation:
My character received a couple of visions via Cassandra's Tears (first time that happened since the campaign started!). They were:
-The Venatori cell leader gathering together with a couple of agents, and speaking about the need to exterminate all supernaturals, including vampires, fae, changelings and wizards. A person attempting to leave the meeting was shot.
-A gathering between the 5 leading Black Court Elders, including our Rukh. My character didn't get a good look at the other's faces (everyone was wearing a black robe). They were discussing a peace treaty to be presented to the White Council. Catherine was accused of making too many concessions.
-A scene with our werewolf and the Rukh making out. There seemed to be no sign of coercion.

Based on the new information, I made a declaration that my character intentionally lured the Umbrorum leader to the site, in order to stall the execution for the others to arrive. It's a major arsepull, but quite frankly, I was tired of all the infighting. We decided to take him hostage and use him as leverage to free the Rukh, who was still trapped and weakened. A fight ensued, revealing the Umbrorum as a Red Court Vampire, not just an infected (which we previously assumed). With the sun rising, he fled, and we overwhelmed the opposition. We brought the Rukh back to her home, where we brought her up to speed on the situation (after she fed). My character deduced that her human guise was some kind of flesh mask. We went back to Alcatraz, and searched some of their leftovers, which we used for a tracking spell. We found the new hideout, and that's where we stopped with the session.

All in all, it turned out ok, I guess. Not quite happy about it (it's an almost 180° turn in my character's personality), but at least it goes on.
1) Exterminate the FAE?  Good luck with that.
2) Assume said Peace Treaty with White Council involves no more possessing/consuming humans.  With that particular Umborum revealed as RCV, no need to see Umbrorum as plot villains.  Also points out treaty with WC useless as Red Court see BCV as competition.  Are Red Court hand-in-hand with White Council?  Point out to Umbrorum they've been penetrated and need to clean house.
3) Who did BCV feed upon, not that any of you are Defenders of Humanity...
4) Hope your character had a strong stomach watching WW and BCV make out.  Just can't get pic of Mavra making out with Loup Garou out of my mind...ewwwww.
5) Wonder what BCV did to start war with White Council.  Is this common knowledge in supernatural community?
My Purity score: 37.2.  Sad.

Offline Taran

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Chip
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2013, 06:08:24 PM »
You spent 2 FP's!?  Cassandra's Tears is specifically supposed to bring up compels.  That's shitty.

Dr.FunLove

« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2013, 06:22:39 PM »
Well, I had to spend 2 Fate points to get the visions (one for each person it related to), because the DM said he wouldn't be giving me Fate points for what he considered an advantage for my character. Therefore, the encounter cost me a total of three FP (one for the Retcon, two for Cassandra's tears).

...Really? *facepalms*

I know I've been preaching it, but it sounds like some real communication is needed here. Maybe take the GM to the side after a game and express your concerns. I don't know...anyway, way to be a trooper and take it on the chin for your table!

Offline Mrmdubois

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »
4) Hope your character had a strong stomach watching WW and BCV make out.  Just can't get pic of Mavra making out with Loup Garou out of my mind...ewwwww.

Is your GM a fan of Ms. Duck? >_>

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »
Well...assuming all that's true, I suppose that's a reasonable ending.

Still, making the Venatori some kind of Nazi extermination squad and the Black Court anything but completely irredeemable monsters is the kind of thing you should really talk about with your players, since it's a setting change on par with there being no White Council or Laws of Magic...