Author Topic: Phantasm Balls  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Magickal_Grenadier

• Participant
  • Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    • View Profile
Phantasm Balls
« on: February 16, 2013, 07:40:41 AM »
As I was going through my old city sheets last night, and realizing how incredibly terrible they were. I dredged up an idea I'd had for my character in my old GM's Indianapolis game.

"Phantasm" Ball
Description: A rune covered golf ball that creates an illusion of the Tall Man from the motion picture Phantasm and induces a feeling of fear in a target(s).

I never did bother to flesh them out past the description since the group fell apart due to work schedules. Anyway, anyone have any ideas on how to flesh them out?
My Dresden Files purity rating is 43%

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Phantasm Balls
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 09:33:48 PM »
Item of Power with Incite Fear might work.

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 04:13:41 AM »
I imagined them more as an enchanted item for single use. I got the Incite Emotion: Fear part down. I'm more hung up on the illusion part.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 04:18:06 AM »
Psychomantic ritual-based (possibly zone-wide) attack held in a single-use 'potion' enchanted item.  The 'illusion' is just the window dressing that provides the narrative of the result: mental stress and fear-based consequences.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 05:22:39 AM »
See is is why I come to you people. You make it seem so easy.

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 01:39:56 PM »
You could also just have it maneuver to place aspects, if you want to avoid mental stress and/or have aspects to tag/invoke for effect.