Author Topic: For guys and clever women.... help  (Read 29884 times)

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
Re: For guys and clever women.... help
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2007, 10:09:37 PM »
I have a co-worker who is gluten intolerant, so I've gotten a glimpse of how difficult that can be.  He constantly has to explain that he isn't being picky because of eating preferences, that it's a medical issue.

You get a big gold star for carrying the list!

Offline *Lady Disappearing Act *

• Posty McPostington
  • don't you use those ellipses on me
    • View Profile
    • Upstairs Productions
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2007, 11:01:56 PM »
re: the towel thing.  i don't know what kind of women you've been dating, Yeratel, but they're a lot cooler than me.  i really just want the towel.  if i want something else, THAT'S what i'll be broadcasting across the house.

here's my list:

when the trash gets full, i take it out from under the sink and tie it off to remind me to take it out when i'm finished with what i'm doing in the kitchen.  it doesn't work though, and the trash just hangs out in the kitchen for a while.  it drives my husband insane.  but it does mean that he takes out the trash instead of me :).

for the restaurant picking thing:  this is something that's really annoying, but i can't seem to catch myself BEFORE i do. 
him:  Where would you like to eat?
me:  I don't care!
him: no really, pick a place.
me:  anywhere you want.
him: how about Round Table?
me: not there.
him:  ...Ming Yen?
me: not Chinese food
and so on and so forth, until it comes out that really, i wanted a salad, and since i'm the only one who knows which restaurants serve salads, i end up picking.  it is incredibly irritating - i don't know what's wrong with me.

i also take his shoes from the middle of the bedroom floor and put them in the closet.  he can never find them when i do that. 

he hates my face wash - it's an organic cleanser that smells a little like seaweed.  he claims it smells like blood and kicks up a big fuss when i use it in the shower.

and lastly, between our dining room table and the outside wall is a bookshelf.  in front of the dining room table is the couch, blocking the view of the bottom of the bookcase from the rest of the room.  the bottom shelf of the bookcase has all the trade paperback comics in it.  naturally, the floor in front of it is where i choose to sit.  no matter how many times i sit there, Scott can never find me.  he always thinks i have mysteriously vanished, and begins to walk around the house, calling my name. 

:)  i am a very annoying woman.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 11:10:24 PM by Daoine »
i was there for the first International Rasputin Day

You should be watching Break a Leg

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2007, 12:05:34 AM »
re: the towel thing.  i don't know what kind of women you've been dating, Yeratel, but they're a lot cooler than me.  i really just want the towel.  if i want something else, THAT'S what i'll be broadcasting across the house.
She is an absolute gem, for which I give thanks on a daily basis. I am a lucky, lucky man.  :)

here's my list:

when the trash gets full, i take it out from under the sink and tie it off to remind me to take it out when i'm finished with what i'm doing in the kitchen.  it doesn't work though, and the trash just hangs out in the kitchen for a while.  it drives my husband insane.  but it does mean that he takes out the trash instead of me :).

for the restaurant picking thing:  this is something that's really annoying, but i can't seem to catch myself BEFORE i do. 
him:  Where would you like to eat?
me:  I don't care!
him: no really, pick a place.
me:  anywhere you want.
him: how about Round Table?
me: not there.
him:  ...Ming Yen?
me: not Chinese food
and so on and so forth, until it comes out that really, i wanted a salad, and since i'm the only one who knows which restaurants serve salads, i end up picking.  it is incredibly irritating - i don't know what's wrong with me.

i also take his shoes from the middle of the bedroom floor and put them in the closet.  he can never find them when i do that. 

he hates my face wash - it's an organic cleanser that smells a little like seaweed.  he claims it smells like blood and kicks up a big fuss when i use it in the shower.

and lastly, between our dining room table and the outside wall is a bookshelf.  in front of the dining room table is the couch, blocking the view of the bottom of the bookcase from the rest of the room.  the bottom shelf of the bookcase has all the trade paperback comics in it.  naturally, the floor in front of it is where i choose to sit.  no matter how many times i sit there, Scott can never find me.  he always thinks i have mysteriously vanished, and begins to walk around the house, calling my name. 

:)  i am a very annoying woman.
I can find absolutely nothing there that would lead me to disagree with you.  ;D
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Upstairs Productions
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2007, 04:46:50 AM »
men everywhere breathed a collective sigh of relief when we were hitched.  ;)

ToddM326

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2007, 06:19:47 PM »
I absolutely HATE the "guess where my wife is in the mood to eat dinner tonight" game.  It is tedious & frustrating, and just the first step in the dining process (the second being "what on the menu do I want to eat?").

Does anyone else find it this difficult?

EDIT: I want back and read through this thread, and it seems like I am not alone in my frustration.

My wife is lucky that I don't hop in the shower with her every time.  We like to call it a "Water Conservation Shower", even though we end up spending longer than normal in there.  :-)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 06:25:43 PM by ToddM326 »

Offline Kathleen Dante

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Kathleen Dante | Erotic Romance Author
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2007, 04:10:15 AM »
This is going to sound odd, but my gf says that coffee speeds up her period, is it true?

Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor (constricts blood vessels), so taking coffee during that time of the month tends to shut off the bleeding faster.
DREAMWALKER - Available now from Berkley Heat
ENDANGERED - Available now from Berkley Heat
http://www.kathleendante.com

Offline Mickey Finn

• Encyclopedia Salesman at the Gates of Mordor --- http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Page-for-Finn
  • White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Moderator, Thematic Consultant for Comic
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2007, 02:54:12 PM »
...which, since the idea is to flush, may sometimes not be the best thing.

Daoine (I didn't recognize you there for a sec without the neck in the avatar ;) ), that's exactly the type of thing mf gf does with restaurant picking. Only she scowls alot and acts like a 5 yr old (I don't say that lightly. When she's frustrated she can act just like her stepfather...on her it's irritating, but cute. On a grown man, it's disturbing).

Your husband's probably smelling the iron in seaweed, if he thinks it smells like blood.

"he always thinks i have mysteriously vanished, and begins to walk around the house, calling my name. "
My girlfriend's cat does that, even though she can hear us. ;)

My gf will leave her shoes ANYWHERE. They're always together, neatly, but their actual location can be anywhere. And the grippy soles just LOVE to catch on my feet in the dark and trip me up.

I bug my gf because I *don't* jump in the shower with her. I've had...issues in the past. People were hurt. Ahem.

We are not nouns. We are VERBS. -Stephen Fry
The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser

Podcast: http://thegentlemennerds.com/

Wormwood Mysteries:
"All The Pretty Little Horses" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FE3FS 
"Sign of the Times" http://tinyurl.com/DirtyMagick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Upstairs Productions
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2007, 06:03:08 PM »
heh, re: tripping on shoes.  in my defense, he's a size 14 and he wears steel toe Docs.  trip on THAT in the middle of the night!  seriously, it's like wearing a bag of lead fishing weights on each foot.  i don't know how he does it.
everyone does annoying things in relationships, the question is, does the other person think it's cute, or psychotic?

mickey - yeah, i figured i could switch avatars now.  all the cool kids were doing it  ;)

Offline The Dread Pharaoh Roberts

• Posty McPostington
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Family friendly tees, mugs, posters, etc...
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2007, 05:22:04 AM »
mickey - yeah, i figured i could switch avatars now.  all the cool kids were doing it  ;)

I, for one, miss the elegant neck shot.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 05:24:38 AM by samurphy »
Your Pharaoh Has Spoken...

Online portfolio: http://samurphy0320.deviantart.com/

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Upstairs Productions
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2007, 05:32:03 AM »
gosh, what can i say?  i had to reinstate it.  :)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2007, 07:48:14 AM »
Ah, lovely.  I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Offline blgarver

• Conversationalist
  • There are three things all wise men fear...
    • View Profile
    • Video Samples
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2007, 06:54:58 PM »
One of my biggest pet peeves is hypocricy.  Yeah I know we're all guilty of it to some degree, but it's the outright blatent hypocricy that gets on my nerves...

Also, when a chick overdramatizes everything...that really grinds my gears.  I'm sort of involved (reluctantly) with this girl atm who's had a very rough life and it's caused a severe lack of confidence.  So everything I say she takes personally.  And I'm not one to pull punches, not out of malice, I just don't like to play stupid games and I say what I think even if people don't like it.  So, I end up hurting her feelings a lot just for being honest, and it makes me feel like a jerk.  I hate feeling guilty when all I'm trying to do is be a stand-up, honest guy who still holds a little sense of honor and duty about him.

I also hate when she tries to do something in the kitchen while I'm in there...I live in an apartment, so it's a kitchenette setup.  Not enough room for 2 people.  Annoys the hell outta me. 

And she always cleans up after me.  In my own apartment.  That's another big peeve.  It's my mess, I'll clean it up when I'm ready.  Then it makes me feel bad because she's cleaning up after me like I'm a 5 year old.  But I never ask her to or make it seem like I'm expecting her to...in fact I always throw a fit when she starts picking up my dinner plates and stuff.  Drives me insane.
I'm a videographer by trade.  Check out my work if you're a writer that needs to procrastinate.  Not as good as Rhett and Link, but I do what I can.
http://vimeo.com/user1855060/videos

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2007, 07:40:24 PM »
Yes, Blgarver, I remember being a bachelor, too...now I've gone from "It's my mess, dammit!" to being told "Clean up your mess, dammit!" and even better, I get to be the one saying "Clean your room!"

How times change.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2007, 08:23:41 PM »
I think if neurovore says until someone can provide a viable alternative I'll assume the person writing is female. ie Fade a "SHE". Of course in the US I suppose there might be people who are not "he's" or "she's", but I haven't heard of them. Unless you are refering to hermaphrodites or people who have been sterilised?

There are people who are physiologically neither; the only one I know who is out about it is Raphael Carter, author of the truly excellent novel The Fortunate Fall.

Usually when there is a choice of two characteristics and only two, if the choice is not one of them it must by default be the other option.
Perhaps neurovore would like to confirm whether or not my logic is at fault.

I reject the choice in the first place. In much the same way as when forms ask me for "race" or "ethnicity" I put down "African(ancient)".

If you must use a pronoun for me, I'm entirely happy with singular "they"; it was good enough for Shakespeare and Chaucer, and gender-inclusive "he" is a seventeenth-century notion tied up with some political positions I strongly disapprove of.

It matters a great deal to me that my biological gender not matter, so it's not out.  I have been very pleased in the past with how close to 50/50 people's guesses have been.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 08:29:58 PM by neurovore »
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2007, 08:26:31 PM »
If you think nudity means sex, then you haven't been in a relationship very long.

Or given a lot of backrubs, or hung out with people who like being comfortable in hot tubs or who just generally don't have strong feelings about clothes one way or the other. Or indeed, like me, have strong feelings about clothes boiling down to "Gosh, I hate having to wear the silly things, but it's cold a lot of the year and pockets are nice."
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.