Author Topic: For guys and clever women.... help  (Read 29883 times)

Offline Fade

• Posty McPostington
  • TrottelTruppe #1
    • View Profile
Re: For guys and clever women.... help
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2007, 12:00:24 AM »
no im just trying to get in his nerves. ;)
Zerstören
Ich will ein guter Junge sein
Doch das Verlangen holt mich ein
Ich muss zerstören

Angst Ist Tod
Platypuses are sexy.

Offline Shadocat

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2007, 06:58:30 PM »
You're on the opposite end of the house.  She calls you from the shower(has to yell to be heard).  You come.  She asks you to hand her a towel that's sitting only 10 ft. away from her.

Offline RMatthewWare

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • The wonderful world of bloggery
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2007, 10:38:29 PM »
I knew a girl once that wanted to get my attention on something.  She worked with little kids a lot, so she took that tack with me.  She wanted me to give her my hands so she could hold them while she spoke.  She said that with kids that helps to focus their attention.  I got upset because she was being very condescending.  I never got her point.
Harry Potter, Harry Dresden, Dresden Dolls?

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2007, 10:55:38 PM »
Absolutely laughed my way through the postings; thank you again for sharing.  How do men and women ever get it put together huh??? 

Bless your heart for walking all the way to the shower!!!!  I'm sure she appreciated it, but maybe not enough unless she read this!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2007, 12:51:27 AM »
You're on the opposite end of the house.  She calls you from the shower(has to yell to be heard).  You come.  She asks you to hand her a towel that's sitting only 10 ft. away from her.
Had the same thing happen to me last week. If you think she's calling you to come to her while she's naked, wet, and dripping just because she wants a towel, you really do have a lot to learn about women.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2007, 01:39:56 PM »
Or, you're married.   ;)

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2007, 01:53:46 PM »
Or, you're married.   ;)
If you're married, and all you do is toss the wet naked woman a towel, without even an ogle or a lewd remark, well, I feel sorry for your relationship.  :(
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. " -RAH

Offline Mickey Finn

• Encyclopedia Salesman at the Gates of Mordor --- http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Page-for-Finn
  • White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Moderator, Thematic Consultant for Comic
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2007, 02:02:04 PM »
My girlfriend's amazing lack of timesense (which she's aware of).

"I have an early day tomorrow and need to crash early" translates as "Maybe I'll let him get to sleep by 2 hrs after he wanted to."

Also, her facinating ability to be indecisive about where she wants to eat, and get irritated if I don't come up with a solution she likes (see also: asks for advice, then gets upset when she doesn't like my advice. It should be noted that this only occurs when she's stressed.)
We are not nouns. We are VERBS. -Stephen Fry
The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser

Podcast: http://thegentlemennerds.com/

Wormwood Mysteries:
"All The Pretty Little Horses" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FE3FS 
"Sign of the Times" http://tinyurl.com/DirtyMagick

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2007, 02:59:31 PM »
If you're married, and all you do is toss the wet naked woman a towel, without even an ogle or a lewd remark, well, I feel sorry for your relationship.  :(
Oh, there's usually ogling and lewd remarks regardless of who's in the shower...

Had the same thing happen to me last week. If you think she's calling you to come to her while she's naked, wet, and dripping just because she wants a towel, you really do have a lot to learn about women.
But sometimes, it is just because she wants a towel.  Nudity doesn't always mean sex.  And that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the relationship.  (Maybe he would have a different perspective, though...?  ;))
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 03:01:23 PM by BookLover »

Offline RMatthewWare

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • The wonderful world of bloggery
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2007, 03:20:53 PM »
If you think nudity means sex, then you haven't been in a relationship very long.
Harry Potter, Harry Dresden, Dresden Dolls?

Offline Fade

• Posty McPostington
  • TrottelTruppe #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2007, 06:41:37 PM »
My girlfriend's amazing lack of timesense (which she's aware of).

"I have an early day tomorrow and need to crash early" translates as "Maybe I'll let him get to sleep by 2 hrs after he wanted to."

Also, her facinating ability to be indecisive about where she wants to eat, and get irritated if I don't come up with a solution she likes (see also: asks for advice, then gets upset when she doesn't like my advice. It should be noted that this only occurs when she's stressed.)
on the food thing i hang out with an entire group of like 10 to 15 people and know one will decide what to eat i mean we'll spend like 20 minutes until mikes like ok were going here.( i know where i want to go i just dont want to make the decision.)
Zerstören
Ich will ein guter Junge sein
Doch das Verlangen holt mich ein
Ich muss zerstören

Angst Ist Tod
Platypuses are sexy.

Offline The Dread Pharaoh Roberts

• Posty McPostington
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Family friendly tees, mugs, posters, etc...
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2007, 06:53:06 PM »

Yeah, I'm with you on that one.

ME:  "Where do you want to eat?  I don't feel like deciding."

HER:  "Well, I don't know, so you have to pick a place."

ME: "Grumble, grumble..."

And then I'm the bad guy for being grumpy.
Your Pharaoh Has Spoken...

Online portfolio: http://samurphy0320.deviantart.com/

Offline BookLover♥

• Posty McPostington
  • Pass-Set-Crush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2007, 08:18:47 PM »
Aren't you guys supposed to carry a list of places to eat so you can decide when we're wishy-washy?    :P  Maybe we need to create a Magic 8-ball of restaurants...
  Man/Woman:  Where should we go to dinner?
  8 Ball: Signs point to Ruth's Chris.

I have to admit, most nights I just don't care - but I also don't complain when he makes a choice.  If he doesn't have a preference, I'll pick something (although, he usually has a preference).  And, if I have a couple of ideas, or a specific preference, I will say so!

Same way at work. I usually don't care because most days I bring my lunch.  So when I've decided to go out, anything sounds good.  But, if I do have something in mind, I'll happily make the decision.

Edited because I inadvertently posted an incomplete post.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 08:21:07 PM by BookLover »

Offline Yeratel

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2007, 08:51:12 PM »
If you think nudity means sex, then you haven't been in a relationship very long.
When nudity stops being sexy, it's a sign of a relationship going stale. I've been in the current one almost 15 years, and so far, so good. ;D

Offline Mickey Finn

• Encyclopedia Salesman at the Gates of Mordor --- http://tinyurl.com/Amazon-Page-for-Finn
  • White Council
  • Posty McPostington
  • Moderator, Thematic Consultant for Comic
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2007, 09:38:37 PM »
"Aren't you guys supposed to carry a list of places to eat so you can decide when we're wishy-washy? "

I do. She's gluten intolerant, so there's like 6-7 places we can go. ;)

When I reach the end of the list, and she still says no, we're kinda at an impasse.
We are not nouns. We are VERBS. -Stephen Fry
The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser

Podcast: http://thegentlemennerds.com/

Wormwood Mysteries:
"All The Pretty Little Horses" http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FE3FS 
"Sign of the Times" http://tinyurl.com/DirtyMagick