Author Topic: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc Part II.  (Read 80830 times)

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
22K on The Terror of Twelvety Town.  Works out to a bit over 1K a day... not bad for being squeezed in around the day job.  A current scene to finish, a big finale, and then the conclusion, and the first draft'll be in the jug. 

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
    • Paul Anthony Shortt's Blog
1k is an excellent daily word count. At that rate most people can get a full novel drafted in 3-4 months.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
Yeah good job PG.

65k Falon Half Blood.

the Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline Dresdenus Prime

• Conversationalist
  • More than meets the Wizards Sight
    • View Profile
22K on The Terror of Twelvety Town.  Works out to a bit over 1K a day... not bad for being squeezed in around the day job.  A current scene to finish, a big finale, and then the conclusion, and the first draft'll be in the jug. 

My writing process is 1k a day on weekdays due to job and kids, then on weekends I try to crank out 2k. I think it's a realistc and fulfilling goal.  ;D

Currently I'm waiting for my beta readers to get back to me! ARGH, I'm not a fan of the waiting game lol!  ::) But one of them did chime in a few chapters in and tell me she was enjoying it so far.

I'm now outlining my next two books - 1 of them being the sequel to the book I'll release next month, and the other is a fantasy trilogy.
DV Dresdenus Prime v1.2 YR6 FR(M)1 BK+ RP- JB TH++ WGH CL- SW+ BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++++ Murphy- Elaine-- Mab+++++)

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
Another chapter down on Book 3, putting me at 41,181 words.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
Chapter 16 Complete!
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
We spent last week on Colorado Springs, had lunch with our publisher, had a story (22,000 words) moved up to the next anthology. (11 months out)

Sold another story, and finalized reprint contracts for past serialized novellas.

Was a great week.

Regards,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
Fantastic!

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
Good job KevinEvans!

70k Falon Half Blood.

72k!!

always follow the dream,

The Deposed King
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:12:04 PM by The Deposed King »

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
Heh just added the last two chapters to my Master doc; 400 pages, 104,450 words...
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
75k Falon Half Blood

The Deposed King

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
Chapter 22 of Book 3 is done. 42,742 so far.

Offline Dresdenus Prime

• Conversationalist
  • More than meets the Wizards Sight
    • View Profile
Awesome progress guys!

I started my second book, a sequel to the first. It's only at 1200 words so far.

Out of my two beta readers one is sending their copy back to me with notes and opinions. I'm looking forward to seeing what she thought. She did message me saying, "When's book 2 coming out?!" lol!  :D

My second beta reader is half way through the book and he tells me he's really enjoying it so far.  8)

So good news all around!!! The only bad news is I had a bunch of story ideas this morning and failed to write them down and now I think I'm missing one...drat!  ::)
DV Dresdenus Prime v1.2 YR6 FR(M)1 BK+ RP- JB TH++ WGH CL- SW+ BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++++ Murphy- Elaine-- Mab+++++)

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
79k Falon

The Deposed King

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Revision, revision, revision... I'm in the cutting down mode and fighting for a decrease of 250 words every five pages or so. My first rough draft word count of 88,642 and since then subsequent drafts have lowered it to a far tighter 82,088. The goal is 75,000, which is still longish for my target audience--lower YA/upper MG.

Then, after DFW conference, I made a major revision decision to change over to present tense. Halfway through that revision, I rest at 77,246. I'm convinced it will settle under my 75,000 goal. The present tense is a scary change, but my main character is basking in the new intimacy and my editing soul is devouring the new tight configuration.

"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess