Author Topic: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc Part II.  (Read 78972 times)

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc Part II.
« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2013, 02:36:01 AM »
Well, I can think of no better way to celebrate the final finishing, polishing, tweaking, and editing of a novella than this way:

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2013, 02:56:16 AM »
Well, I can think of no better way to celebrate the final finishing, polishing, tweaking, and editing of a novella than this way:

Way to go PG!!!  When's she going up?

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 29, 2013, 03:18:36 AM »
As soon as I write the cover blurb.  ;)

And have a brandy to steady my nerves.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #588 on: November 29, 2013, 07:53:06 AM »
Well put up a link when you do it and remember not to freak out after you hit the final save and publish button.  In about 12 hours you can frantically rush back in and make changes to all those little things that have you worried.   ::)

Also if you have any issues with the formatting of your file screwing the e-book fonts.  Just let me know.  My brother knows how to set it up nice and pretty.

Make sure to put up a link!

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

Offline Wordmaker

• Conversationalist
  • Paul Anthony Shortt
    • View Profile
    • Paul Anthony Shortt's Blog
« Reply #589 on: November 29, 2013, 09:39:26 AM »
Awesome!

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #590 on: November 29, 2013, 09:51:20 AM »
11k - Admiral's Lady

12k - Admiral's Lady

13k - Admiral's Lady

The Deposed King
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:12:57 PM by The Deposed King »

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 29, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
Well put up a link when you do it and remember not to freak out after you hit the final save and publish button.  In about 12 hours you can frantically rush back in and make changes to all those little things that have you worried.   ::)

Also if you have any issues with the formatting of your file screwing the e-book fonts.  Just let me know.  My brother knows how to set it up nice and pretty.

The Deposed King

http://www.amazon.com/Terror-Twelvety-Town-Kenton-Pierce-ebook/dp/B00GZEDSIQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1385726548&sr=1-1
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 30, 2013, 01:58:14 AM »

The Deposed King

Thanks, everyone!

Scrivener seems to have done a flawless conversion, except for eating the acknowledgments page.  I've already crapped myself and uploaded a version with some corrections.  Did it first thing this morning, so it's live now.  I expect when the royalty payment comes, I shall purchase a pony made of diamonds.

Or, more likely, a grape, maybe...

In any case, it's exciting as hell and I'd like to thank everyone for the encouragement, general advice and such.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 30, 2013, 05:37:05 AM »
It's beautiful! Used Shecky's link and it downloaded great. I won't get a chance to read it for a bit. (Two unfinished reads in my hopper already and one is Jack Gantos' book that won the 2013 Newbery Metal. I will be hearing him Dec 7th.) When I do get it read, I'll post a review. Hugs and congrats! Love the synopsis teaser you posted.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:45:29 AM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #594 on: November 30, 2013, 06:07:46 AM »
Thanks, everyone!

Scrivener seems to have done a flawless conversion, except for eating the acknowledgments page.  I've already crapped myself and uploaded a version with some corrections.  Did it first thing this morning, so it's live now.  I expect when the royalty payment comes, I shall purchase a pony made of diamonds.

Or, more likely, a grape, maybe...

In any case, it's exciting as hell and I'd like to thank everyone for the encouragement, general advice and such.

So when are we going to get to read a book about the actual Terror?  Everything I've read keeps hitting around the margins.

The Deposed King

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 01, 2013, 12:20:14 AM »
So when are we going to get to read a book about the actual Terror?  Everything I've read keeps hitting around the margins.

The Deposed King

The actual novels are from Shaifennen's PoV.  I've got one scene left to write on "A Kiss For Damocles," then I can start the 2nd draft/polishing.  Her story will work out to at least three books.  There's another novella that'll I'm polishing now for self-publishing which is from Zeddie's PoV.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 01, 2013, 12:21:10 AM »
It's beautiful! Used Shecky's link and it downloaded great. I won't get a chance to read it for a bit. (Two unfinished reads in my hopper already and one is Jack Gantos' book that won the 2013 Newbery Metal. I will be hearing him Dec 7th.) When I do get it read, I'll post a review. Hugs and congrats! Love the synopsis teaser you posted.

Thanks!  I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 02, 2013, 12:47:02 AM »
Good word count production for several days. Some concrete plot planning. Generally feeling good, but a bit frazzled. Zero-ing in on that mid point confrontation with alarming speed and a lot to complete before I get there. Sometimes, I can't wait until I can really dig into revision work, but for now it's charge forward into the smelly muck of the first rough draft.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #598 on: December 02, 2013, 11:18:20 AM »
14k - Admiral's Lady

The Deposed King

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #599 on: December 03, 2013, 08:37:24 AM »
15k - Admiral's Lady

16k - Admiral's Lady

17k - Admiral's Lady

The Deposed King
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:26:04 PM by The Deposed King »