Author Topic: how to use the search  (Read 2218 times)

Offline McNulty

• Participant
    • View Profile
how to use the search
« on: January 31, 2013, 05:35:17 PM »
new user here.. I'm interested in all the vast resources of the DFRPG section, but the search function seems to be quite useless. Or I might just fail at interwebs... (not the first time). Is there a way to see more than 25 results for example?

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
Re: how to use the search
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 09:12:25 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
Are you using the SEARCH bar under your avatar, or the menu option which has basic and advanced search?
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 01:11:02 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
Are you using the SEARCH bar under your avatar, or the menu option which has basic and advanced search?

I think he/she means the search option in the top bar with the basic and advanced options based on the only 25 search results comments.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline McNulty

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:04:38 PM »
Either the quick search or the advanced search gives me only 25 results. Albeit I can choose different kinds (old/new etc.) in the advanced search, it is still very limiting. For example in the DFRPG subforum keyword NeverNever should by my reasoning give results a plenty but I can only get a glimpse. There's probably some technical reason for the limit, but would be good to know for sure. :p

Thanks for your time.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 12:47:43 AM »
You know, I never had this issue which is why I think I was a little confuzzled!
I used to get pages of matches for things, but I haven't used search in awhile.

I wonder if this is a bug or a new parameter.
It is a little odd. Perhaps the mods know more....
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.