Author Topic: New fae: the Leipreachán  (Read 5158 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: New fae: the Leipreachán
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 11:13:46 PM »
Good to see you too Sancta. I did see the Custom Template thread and I'm honored you would include me. Hopefully you will include the Leprechaun. I had fun writing him up.

I'll add the Leprechaun as soon as you specify which Powers are Musts and which are optional. Unless you intend Leprechaun to be a [-10] Template, in which case I'll just add it as-is.

I suppose I could try to extract the Template from the statblock, but I'd rather not.

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 11:59:48 PM »
I'll add the Leprechaun as soon as you specify which Powers are Musts and which are optional. Unless you intend Leprechaun to be a [-10] Template, in which case I'll just add it as-is.

I suppose I could try to extract the Template from the statblock, but I'd rather not.

Actually, that was wrong assumption on my part. Those are Templates, not creatures of the NeverNever. I didn't intend this to be a PC template, although I could do a Leprechaun Changeling template for it if you'd like.
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 01:01:29 AM »
Leprechaun Changeling
High Concept: Half-Leprechaun Scion
Important Skills: Deceit for both Glamours and Incite Emotion, Conviction and Discipline for Wish Granting
Powers:
At least one of:
Incite Emotion [-1; Greed, upgrade at range for total of -2]
Glamours [-2]
Supernatural Sense [-1] A Leprechaun seems to be able to feel the presence of gold.
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Inhuman Recovery [-2]
The Catch [+1] Cold Iron and the like
Wish Granting [Ritual reskin for Fortunamancy, which is a reskin of Entropmancy -2 ]

Total Refresh Cost: Anywhere from -1 to -10.

Notes: The High Concept can change, as long as there is some mention of the Leprechaun parent... even if the player doesn't know it, something else will. There is no default starting power for the template, you just need to choose one to take the template.
*edited*
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:36:03 AM by bobjob »
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 04:16:44 AM »
Oh, I see. I thought you were going for a playable type of true faerie.

I'll add the Leprechaun Changeling, but first: can one take both Speed and Recovery for a Refresh cost of [-6], can one have a high concept that references their Template other than the provided HC, and are there any other Power options beyond the ones presented here (like Wish Granting and Incite Emotion At Range)?

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 05:22:55 AM »
Oh, I see. I thought you were going for a playable type of true faerie.

I'll add the Leprechaun Changeling, but first: can one take both Speed and Recovery for a Refresh cost of [-6], can one have a high concept that references their Template other than the provided HC, and are there any other Power options beyond the ones presented here (like Wish Granting and Incite Emotion At Range)?

I wasn't originally going for a playable type of true fairy since they tend to act more according to their nature than a PC would (at least to my interpretation of RAW). Still, if a GM will allow it, who am I to say what is and isn't playable.

My refresh cost is off. That's what I get when trying to do math while cooking dinner. I will fix it with an edit.

As for inherited abilities that they can get, Leprechaun-scions can get the full boat of powers with that last refresh point being their Choice. Once that Choice is made they are true fae and subject to the whims of Faery. I will also add that to the write up.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 05:36:20 AM »
Fixed.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 08:59:19 PM »
Aight. Will add that in a few minutes.

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 03:30:56 AM »
On the publishing Dracula thing, it's been stated that it was both the White Council and the White Court which published it. 

Offline Mrmdubois

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 03:40:48 AM »
Deliberately conflicting reports given to our trusty narrator Dresden, I'm sure.

Offline mithrandirthewhite

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 04:12:07 AM »
Wouldn't the Leipreachan use a shillelagh?
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 04:37:17 AM »
Wouldn't the Leipreachan use a shillelagh?

I'm sure he could.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Locnil

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 08:07:01 AM »
On the publishing Dracula thing, it's been stated that it was both the White Council and the White Court which published it.

The White Council one was eventually corrected as a typo. Check the newest edition of whatever book said Council again. (PG? Not sure.)

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 09:38:25 PM »
Watching Terminator 2 and decided I'd try my hand at the T-1000... or in my game, a relentless assassin demon summoned by a Chinese sorcerer who specializes in metal as an element. Not really a dynamic enemy, he's only good at hunting and killing. I chose Jiaolong from Chinese mythology since it relates to a water dragon that could change many shapes. It was thought to be the chinese alligator (or any number of things since it could alter forms). I thought I'd borrow the name for the cold personality, the water reference (more for the amorphous form of water since this one is made of liquid metal) and the ability to change physical shapes. He's a killing power house able to hit for +5 with a Weapon:6 and with the entries from the Custom Powers List, can increase that to weapon:10 with a +4 to hit for a Fate Point. Once again, this guy is designed for a higher level game.

Jiaolong Metal Demon
High Concept: Relentless Shape-Changing Hunter Demon

Skills:
Alertness: +3
Athletics: +4
Deceit: +6
Fists: +5
Endurance: +4
Intimidation: +4
Investigation: +4
Might: +3
Presence: +1

Stunts:
Pin the Tail -1

Powers:
Amorphous Form [Custom Power List upgraded No Internal Anatomy] -2
Mimic Form -2
Natural Weaponry (Custom Power, Metal blades, Upgrade: Potent Weapon)-2
Special Techniques -1 (from Custom Power List, affects Fists. Special Technique is Brutal Strike)
Inhuman Strength -2
Inhuman Speed -2
Supernatural Toughness -4
Mythic Recovery -6
The Catch +4 (Fire will cut through toughness and recovery, Ice will slow down as block to all actions and recovery equal to attack)
SEMI-ANIMATE -1 (Custom Power's List, reskin of Living Dead)

Refresh Spent: -19
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:33:31 AM by bobjob »

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 09:44:21 PM »
I should just change the name of this thread to bobjob creates new stuff for his game. I've taken it a long way from the Leprechaun. I just hate creating new threads.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 09:52:11 PM »
Whaddaya mean he's not dynamic? He's got Fantastic Deceit, he's one of the trickiest things in the world.

What does Lesser Immortality do?

Also, Supernatural Martial Arts gives three techniques that can be used with any physical attack/defence skill. Not one technique for one skill.

All that aside, pretty neat.