Author Topic: Dresden Files fanfic  (Read 1345 times)

Offline FishStampede

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Dresden Files fanfic
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »
With my semester over, I'm starting to write again and nothing gets my creative juices flowing better than writing fanfic. To that end, I've decided to write my first Dresden Files fanfic. I find half the fun is trying to capture the "voice" of the Dresden Files, from Harry's snarky internal monologue to the other characters and their quirks.

Elevator pitch: Harry Dresden Saves Christmas. Working title: Little Helper.

Beyond my own work, I'm wondering if anyone else here has written fanfic of the Dresden Files. If not, have you read any good ones? Inspiration would be nice.

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
Re: Dresden Files fanfic
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »
TVTropes has a section titled "fanfic recommendations" for many fandoms, including Dresden, which you can use as a kind of jumping-off point for weeding out the unreadable dreck.
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files fanfic
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »
There is also a Fanfic section on the I Made an Art board, though you should probably read the rules thread first, since there are some legal restrictions for posting fanfics on the Author's own board.  Beyond that Have the Fun!  :)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain