Author Topic: Biker Dresden Gang  (Read 1853 times)

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Biker Dresden Gang
« on: December 14, 2012, 02:27:45 AM »
*Warning Rambling ahead*
So i've been watching Sons of Anarchy and I've been playing Dresden. Thus I came up with an "Original" idea

Biker Dresden Game!
You're a Biker Gang based out of St Louis MO. You're territory spans from St Louis through Kansas City and it's Never Never Counter Part Oz, to the very edge of Denver (Where a Rival Biker gang is edging you out)

You're a rag tag group of mortals,werewolves, wizards, fae and really anything you think thematically would work.   You've got an enemy list that includes the Fae,The OZ Authorities,  The White Council, ATF, Local Cops, State Police, and the Black Court

I want the "Motorcycles" to be some sort of Hellhound that LOOKS like a Motorcycle here, but like a Horse or Dog in the Fae.  Maybe have to take some sort of Stunt or Aspect to have them.

Just need an Awesome Biker Gang name.
The Templars?
The Wizards
Warlocks (oooh wiki says their a real one)
The Blackstaffs?
Law Breakers?

Thoughts, Concerns, Ideas?

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Biker Dresden Gang
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 03:22:55 AM »
Hmmm. Overt references to specific magical groups seem unlikely unless they have a patron (wouldn't want to offend people that badly...or make someone think you were someone's flunkies). Of course, if you have a Patron it's easy, just basing it off the patron.

That being the case, so's the name of a specific magical being (werewolves might get offended by being called 'Wizards' after all). Lawbreakers is just asking for trouble from mortal authorities...

I'd be inclined to go with something like The Outcasts or The Tribe. Something about how the only ones they can rely on are each other...

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 11:40:11 AM »
Missouri Monsters MC (or just Monsters if you're not a fan of alliteration)
Reapers
Boogeymen
Wild Hunters
Hellhounds
Black Shucks
Ghost Riders
Orphan Grinders

I run a campaign about bikers too, and I've gotten a lot of mileage out of one of our campaign aspects: "You're On Your Own". You can use it to represent that the club has to rely on each other, to compel each time mortal authorities start off interactions with distrust or bystanders refuse to talk to scary biker dudes, and to isolate them from any larger structure like the Accords or the various Councils or Courts the club members might have otherwise belonged to.

Offline Addicted2aa

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 03:22:36 PM »
St louis has a prominent Blood Gang Presence. This group uses Hellhounds for motorcycles.

BloodHounds.
Everything I need to know in life I learned from Fear The Boot

Offline JediDresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »
I have been watching SOA and playing Dresden, and had the same thoughts as well.  So I am studiously taking notes... (pulls out paper and pen)... Please, continue.

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 03:57:01 PM »
In my Emerald City game we have a group of werewolf bikers called The Pack.  They are very much patterned after the Sons.  And you don't mess with them.  Especially their leader who is an Ex-SEAL that runs them with military discipline and training while also being a ruthless S.O.B..  And if you are a vampire you better stay out of his way. 
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 04:51:25 PM »
If you only had fae you were fighting against, I think Cold Iron would be a pretty cool name. Then again, as an anti-magic catch all name, it might still fit, and if you establish them as having started out fighting against fae, it would fit even better.

I'm trying to think of a group from history that might fit, so you could use their name, but my brain won't produce one. Maybe someone else can think of one?

On a side note:
I can't help but imagine an old biker with a long white beard and a leather jacket with "born to rune" on the back.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline TredHed

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 09:26:09 PM »
Heh.....this is interesting. I was thinking of doing something like this. I too have been watching SoA and wanting to mix it with Dresden. I will also be taking notes.