Author Topic: Would you call this legal?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Would you call this legal?
« on: December 09, 2012, 02:38:10 AM »
So I've been making a Council level character whose specialties lie in healing and biomancy, and I want to emphasize this. I want to give him an Item of Power (it's a ring, so +1) granting him Inhuman Recovery that he enchanted himself. Would you allow it in your games?
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
Re: Would you call this legal?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 02:41:11 AM »
I don't see why not the refresh works, raw it is debatable whether you can take off template powers but most people I play with just use the templates as a base so I say go for it.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 02:47:08 AM »
Sounds reasonable to me.
--
“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.”  - Albert Einstein

"Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 02:54:14 AM »
In the archive there's a thread with answer from Fred where someone asked how they could duplicate the shape shifting magic from Turn Coat.  Fred's response was to give the PC the Shape Shifting power, charge him the refresh, and explain it as a series of downtime thaumaturgy rites performed off camera.

Another question about the Gatekeeper's method of opening ways was met with the suggestion of giving Gatekeeper the World Walker power - explaining it as a mastery of that method of magic.

Your suggestion is clearly in keeping with those suggestions.  Add in an explanation of how he spent 20 years working on the ring, using rare ingredients in the enchanting, and you've got the perfect answer for when your players ask "How do I make me one of those?".

Richard

Offline JDK002

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 05:20:59 PM »
In the archive there's a thread with answer from Fred where someone asked how they could duplicate the shape shifting magic from Turn Coat.  Fred's response was to give the PC the Shape Shifting power, charge him the refresh, and explain it as a series of downtime thaumaturgy rites performed off camera.

Another question about the Gatekeeper's method of opening ways was met with the suggestion of giving Gatekeeper the World Walker power - explaining it as a mastery of that method of magic.

Your suggestion is clearly in keeping with those suggestions.  Add in an explanation of how he spent 20 years working on the ring, using rare ingredients in the enchanting, and you've got the perfect answer for when your players ask "How do I make me one of those?".

Richard
I like that idea.  You could even tie that into the characters backstory.  Saying that he went to some pretty extreme lengths to get what he needed to make it, and as a result he's made more enemies in that 20 years than most wizards do in a lifetime.

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 05:46:05 PM »
I like that idea.  You could even tie that into the characters backstory.  Saying that he went to some pretty extreme lengths to get what he needed to make it, and as a result he's made more enemies in that 20 years than most wizards do in a lifetime.

Especially since he's a total asshole. Not to mention a paranoid asshole. I mean, I partially based him on House.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:14:15 PM by narphoenix »
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart