Author Topic: Request help for finding recent topics here!  (Read 123131 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Request help for finding recent topics here!
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2015, 01:30:39 PM »
Any recent threads on fans "dream" cast for a movie/show?
After many years of Casting Threads burring pretty much any other topic like a pestilent swarm, we've consolidated them all to a single stickied thread:

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,39320.0.html
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Aerdan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2015, 06:35:13 AM »
Anyone discussed how magical talent transfers, generationally? I know in White Night Harry claims it's salic descent...

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2015, 01:46:39 PM »
Anyone discussed how magical talent transfers, generationally? I know in White Night Harry claims it's salic descent...
Not specifically, at least not for a while that Ive seen, mostly just because we havent gotten anything new on that topic for a while.  The closest thing I know of is a thread a while back about having fae ancestry, which eventually led to a theory of how latent fae blood might be the source of Mortal Magical talent
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2015, 02:27:57 PM »
It has been discussing when discussing about the chances of Maggie having magic powers, but I don't think that thread is still here because it was long ago.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Aerdan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2015, 01:28:21 AM »
Hmm. That seems like an excellent thing to bring up on an AMA or so, then. I also had a question come up (I'm preparing for a DFRPG campaign) on the interaction between scions and magical talent, but I think at this point this probably deserves its own thread.

wizard nelson

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2015, 05:14:29 PM »
Does anyone remember which thread, quite recent, talking about Mabs reasoning for a starborn WK?

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2015, 04:35:00 AM »
Just Ctrl+F for "Mab" on the subforum page.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2015, 02:37:12 PM »
Does anyone remember which thread, quite recent, talking about Mabs reasoning for a starborn WK?
This one?

Why does Mab want Harry as the Winter Knight?
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,45577.0.html
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2015, 02:11:39 PM »
Is there a WoJ that actually states the relationship [or non-relationship] between Harry and his family, and the Original One-and-Only True Merlin? Or is that still up-in-the-air?
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Eldest Gruff

• Posty McPostington
  • Alleged Sniper
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2015, 02:35:43 PM »
Is there a WoJ that actually states the relationship [or non-relationship] between Harry and his family, and the Original One-and-Only True Merlin? Or is that still up-in-the-air?

I think no.
"Home is where, when you go there and tell people to get out, they have to leave." DDS

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2015, 08:07:48 PM »
There is no such WOJ as yet.  It is a commonly presented theory, based on the master/apprentice lineage that McCoy has leading directly to the original Merlin, but that is the only thing hinting at such a relationship, and it's requires that either all such magical lineages are kept to blood relations (unlikely), or B) McCoy's family, specifically, prefers to keep it in the Family and also keep that fact secret. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Tami Seven

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2015, 10:08:25 PM »
There is no such WOJ as yet.  It is a commonly presented theory, based on the master/apprentice lineage that McCoy has leading directly to the original Merlin, but that is the only thing hinting at such a relationship, and it's requires that either all such magical lineages are kept to blood relations (unlikely), or B) McCoy's family, specifically, prefers to keep it in the Family and also keep that fact secret.

I saw a mention of one in a Reddit thread and I was understandably skeptical. Figured it couldn't hurt to check it out.
War Cry -
"Thomas doesn't fight back, not even for an instant. In the end, it's not common sense that pulls me back from the brink, or even fear of being devoured by the Shoggoth....It's the look of unshakeable trust in my Brother's eyes, even as my hands tighten around his throat."

Offline Lawgiver

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2015, 12:46:54 AM »
Someone wrote a "threat assessment" on Harry... something like "Why the Wardens Fear Harry" and goes on to give a really slanted view of what Harry has done/experienced. Very entertaining.

Don't remember exactly what title is and all my search attempts yield nothing.

Would love to read this to a friend so if you could provide the link I'd appreciate it.
:)
"Sufficiently advanced technology," my ass.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2015, 01:08:43 PM »
Someone wrote a "threat assessment" on Harry... something like "Why the Wardens Fear Harry" and goes on to give a really slanted view of what Harry has done/experienced. Very entertaining.

Don't remember exactly what title is and all my search attempts yield nothing.

Would love to read this to a friend so if you could provide the link I'd appreciate it.

"This is why the Council is Afraid of Harry Dresden"

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,19774.0.html

It's kept in the Reference Collection
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Lawgiver

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2015, 07:56:29 PM »
"This is why the Council is Afraid of Harry Dresden"

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,19774.0.html

It's kept in the Reference Collection
Very cool, ty so much.
"Sufficiently advanced technology," my ass.