Author Topic: Request help for finding recent topics here!  (Read 122935 times)

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Request help for finding recent topics here!
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2016, 06:08:31 AM »
Ah Ok thanks Aristh

Offline Krusatta

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2016, 03:49:37 AM »
Is there (are there) a thread or threads dealing with the concept of the Starborn and it's significance?  Wild guessing, logical theories, whatever?
The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for.

I agree with the second part.

Offline Anubissama

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2016, 10:03:15 AM »
There was a really good write up on the meaning of Water in magic and how it was understood as a classical element, the author later did a short write up for the other elements in the same thread as well. Can't find it despite using the search option. Anyone got a link to that thread?
DV Anubissama V1.2 YR5 FR(M) 3 BK++++: RP++++: JB+: TH+++: WG: CL++: SW +(-): BC+: MC+++: SH(Molly)+++++:

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2016, 11:38:40 PM »
there was a thread a while back regarding Lacuna being the Tooth fairy... I was looking to see if any of the discussions touched on who would have been performing her duties while she is in service to Harry.  Does she have a relationship like Leann & Mab where someone would step in and cover for her?  If so, who?   Or does anyone care?

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2016, 01:01:09 PM »
Classically speaking, I think Tooth Fairies were a race of fae, not an individual like say Santa Claus.  Though I think they were also more sinister (tooth trolls), so it may or may not apply.  Given that she was bound to somebody else's service before Harry, Im guessing there is no conflict of responsibility, either she can get away enough to accomplish it or there are others to take up the slack.  In fact, I think Winter Law and/or Fairy Nature would require her to, Harry doesnt have the power to make her break previously standing oaths. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline MoroccoMole

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2016, 12:58:01 AM »
Great timing on this.  Is there already a thread on who the "Brit" in demonreach is?  One that lists out the WAG's that have been made?  Because we know 2 things from WOJ:  It is not merlin, and someone has already guessed it online.  Seems like it might be worth it to get a list and take a poll.
I like a man who grins when he fights.

~Winston Churchill On Enthusiasm~

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2016, 01:02:19 AM »
It is not Merlin? Sadness.  :(
Well, I guess Arthur, but not Langtry.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline RaveMaster

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2016, 04:14:57 PM »
I have a theory I want to get out about Peace Talks. I am completely new to this site and discussion boards as a whole, so I was hoping someone could direct me to the correct page so I could post my half baked theory :D

Please and Thank you.

This message was typed on my iPhone

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2016, 06:33:29 PM »
Hi and welcome!
Go to the DF Spoilers section. Read a little the thread titles (at least the newest ones) to see if someone has initiated a thread on the same subject of you and if not, begin you own hthread with a title like "A theory about Peace Talks" or something like that. If for some reason you have read the first chapter. evey comment about that should be spoiler tagged.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2016, 02:37:53 AM »
Also remember to put [spoilers] in the subject line.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline rlaubscher

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2017, 09:00:10 PM »
Looking for posts on the Knights of the Cross being connected to Royalty...

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2017, 03:41:16 PM »
Looking for posts on the Knights of the Cross being connected to Royalty...
No recent discussion thread that Im aware of.  There are WOJ's relating to it if that helps, and the actual mention of it in the Books happens in Ch 15 of SmF.

#387 “You mentioned that all of the Knights of the Cross were of royal heritage. Why is this? Does being royal make you more qualified to be one of the Knights?”
It doesn’t make you qualified, so much as it makes you /responsible/. It’s a small but important distinction.
I’ve seen a well-done argument that defined goodness, in the Dresden stories, as power balanced by responsibility–and evil as power without accompanying responsibility to restrain and control it. I liked it.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline rlaubscher

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2017, 04:00:51 PM »
Roger...thanks...I'm re-reading Small Favor now...I know Sanya and Shiro were both descended from Royalty...I don't remember if Michael knew he was...or if they were going to research it...if it was a pre-requisite to being chosen as a Knight then I wanted Murphy to be descended from Royalty because I wanted her to be the wielder of the Sword of Faith (probably not going to happen now)...but now Butters is a Knight...so is he also a descendant of Royalty?

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2017, 04:13:37 PM »
Roger...thanks...I'm re-reading Small Favor now...I know Sanya and Shiro were both descended from Royalty...I don't remember if Michael knew he was...or if they were going to research it...if it was a prerequisite to being chosen as a Knight then I wanted Murphy to be descended from Royalty because I wanted her to be the wielder of the Sword of Faith (probably not going to happen now)...but now Butters is a Knight...so is he also a descendant of Royalty?
At the end of SmF Harry gave molly geological homework, she found that her line goes back to Charlemagne. No word on Murphy, Susan, or Butters (though the argument could be that Susan had linage back to The Red King, if that counts). 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline rlaubscher

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2017, 04:35:32 PM »
Roger...thanks!